TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I Miss You Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Drew

Part III:July 22nd,1995 - March 25th 2011, 07:11 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

when i was two weeks away from graduating high school..i was in the office,when i recived a call from my mother.

She told me that my grandmother had fallen down the stairs in her apt.she was on the floor for several hours before my older brother found her.

she was taken to the hospital with a severe spinal injury.

after she got out..my parents let her come live with us..

She could barely walk..she needed the help of a walker to get around..this was not the same person i grew up with and loved.

I was pretty much her caregiver.my parents couldnt handle the day to day job of caring for her..So almost all of the job was left to me.

i would put her to bed everynight..making sure she wasnt in pain.

But then she would get drugs through the mail all the time.And then one night she was on the floor looking for pills that were not there.

so i told my father about what i had seen..and he told me that she had been like that for a long time..

I said"what do you mean"...and he said that she had been addicted to prescription drugs for over 40 years..

I couldnt believe it...40 years..are you kidding me..

Its sooo agonizing to watch someone that you love slowly slip away from you..there are no words to decribe it

For four agonizing years..i had to sit back and watch her slip away from me..and there was nothing i could do about it.

All the sleepless nights...all the cries of "help me..help me".all the drug withdrawls..and the rocking back and forth in her chair.

We felt that we couldnt take care of her anymore...So we made the painful decison to put her in a nursing home.

I will never forget walking in there for the first time thinking"This is what it has come to".

Then after a brief period of her being in the nursing home.We decided as a family to let her move back in with us..

that was a bad idea.

Because not long after she moved back in..She attempted suicide in her bedroom..This was in the summer of 1995.

When she came home a few days later...my aunt from reno called and said"Let me take her off your hands for a while..you guys need a break".

I thought to myself"she's going on a trip.that she would come back,and mabye things would be less stressful on all of us.Because lets face it she needed a break from us and we needed a break from her".

Little that i knew..she wasnt coming back.

before she left on her trip...she told my father"you wont see me again".

of course my father didnt know what she was talking about.He must have thought"she must be high again or saying this out of spite or something".

Well she went to reno to stay with my aunt.

I thought she would be coming home soon.and i would see her again.

But she never came home.

On july 22nd,1995..my grandmother commited suicide by placing a bag over her head.

The next day my father came in and told me what happened..

I was in complete shock.I didnt believe what was happening.

in my mind i was thinking"OH NO NOT AGAIN!!".

i had lost two close freinds to suicide..and now this...

I miss her so much since she has been gone..If only i could have eased her pain and suffering..

But i couldnt
Drew
  Send a message via MSN to I Miss You  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: Part III:July 22nd,1995 - March 25th 2011, 09:34 AM

Drew this is so unbelievably sad, and I cannot describe the sympathy I have for you and your family having gone through this. It's tragic that an old woman had to feel as if suicide was the last option, and I honestly am sorry for everything you've been through. I can tell life hasn't treated you well so far, and the fact you still care so much gives me huge respect for you as a person. I think you're such an amazing person and that you have the potential to help so much. People around you have passed, I know that must be hard, but you must carry on living for them. You have a life which is capable of so much, so don't let go of it.

May their souls rest in peace. <3

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#3 (permalink)) Old
I Miss You Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Drew

Re: Part III:July 22nd,1995 - March 26th 2011, 05:26 AM

thanks hollie..that really means a lot to me...

if you think that is unbelievably sad...just wait till you hear the last part of this story...

i sure dont feel amazing...i dont feel like i help anyone here
  Send a message via MSN to I Miss You  
Closed Thread