TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BasicFacts Offline
A Soul Already Sold
Average Joe

Name: Kamillia

Unhappy It's getting worse? - March 26th 2011, 11:40 PM

I'm so scared.
I've been KIND OF suicidal for almost five years now, and sometimes it gets better while other times it gets worse. Well... it's getting worse again. I can't do ANYTHING without thinking of new suicide plans. When we're in the car I keep wishing we would get in a wreck where I would die (just me, not my family). Or when I'm shaving I think of getting a blade and slitting my wrists. Or when I take medicine I think about overdosing. It all seems so simple. So easy... I just don't see the point in living anymore... Well, obviously I do, because I'm still alive. I'm living because my boyfriend says he would fall apart if I were gone. And I know the same is true for my family.

It's just that... I feel completely worthless. Not only do I feel like I have NOTHING to offer ANYONE, but I feel like I'm damaging people just by being around them. I feel like I am just spreading negative thoughts and feelings to everyone around me, and I just feel like a poison. If I were dead, they would be better off. They would be upset at first, but after a while they would all feel better without me. Everything would be better. Everything. And everyone. They'd be happy that I was gone. Because I'm just a bother to everyone. As said, I'm completely worthless. I shouldn't be subjecting everyone to me. I am a sickness.

I don't know what to do. I know this isn't normal (then again, half of what I feel isn't normal), but I can't tell anyone because my parents CAN'T know. I'm just scared.

Is there a way to stop this?!
Or do I just ride it out?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Believe. Offline
Average Joe

Name: you can call me iz

Re: It's getting worse? - March 27th 2011, 01:25 AM

Hi there,
You're not a poison and you're not worthless!! I don't know how you got where you're at rite now but try to look at the good things okay? You have a boyfriend who wants you alive and healthy! And your family loves you. Try to think a little bit more positive, i find that helps me. For example, if i'm at school and there's a lot of people around i try to think 'It's okay' and my head begins to lift a little. I guess it's a coping excersize or something but i highly recommend it. I think that you can conquer this and live life with happiness. Good Luck!

Blah

(#3 (permalink)) Old
BasicFacts Offline
A Soul Already Sold
Average Joe

Re: It's getting worse? - March 27th 2011, 01:34 AM

Thanks.
I'm trying very hard to think positively... I guess I just find it difficult sometimes.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
lauri Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Lauri

Re: It's getting worse? - March 27th 2011, 01:52 AM

Kamilia depression can make you think of suicide a lot so if you dont allready have a therapist maybe get checked out for depression. huggss take care and please dont feel like your worthless you do matter there is only one you and your family loves you and would be very sad if you died.
  Send a message via Yahoo to lauri  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
chrissy2009 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Chrissy

Re: It's getting worse? - March 27th 2011, 03:15 AM

I am not going to say I know what you are going through because we all go through different things. but i have been feeling lilke this lately too. But there is help out there. there has to be friends and family that care for you. Yeah i had a problem telling my parents time too the first time i thought about dieing. They just don't understand. but the thing is most of the time they do. It's just something you prefer not to talk about. It'ss an uncomfortable situation. It really is. I am here for you. I'm feeling the same way you are. But im trying to hang on. cause there are people out there that care.
message me anytime that you want to talk.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
01love Offline
Average Joe

Name: Lena

Re: It's getting worse? - March 27th 2011, 04:38 AM

Aww ): Don't think that way! You are not worthless! You are not poison! The world is not better off without you!

I don't think it is unusual of you to think about suicide sometimes. I thought about suicide a lot too. I talked to others about this topic once, and my brother and couple close friends also admitted to having thought about suicide. I'm not sure if I was depressed, but there was a phase where I thought about suicide a lot. After a lot of thinking, this is what I came up with. I'm sorry if I come out a little too blunt, but I really really
really want you to understand this.

I agree with what you said. Staying alive is so difficult, but dying is so easy. One stab, one cut, one jump, one pill, one sip, one fire - a single fatal action can result in death. But think about this:
you were given the choice and opportunity to live. There are SO many people in this world who do not (did not) have the choice OR opportunity to live like we do. Some people are born in developing countries where basic necessities are barely met. Some people are born with incurable illnesses. Some people are victims of hit-and-runs. Some people are victims of a random shooting... You understand what I'm trying to say, right? There are people in this world who would love to have what we have. There are people in this world who want to live but can't. We have a chance to live. Our life is a precious gift. Living is the more difficult choice, but your life is a priceless privilege that you should cherish. I bet you anything that your parents would say so as well. So have more faith in yourself, cherish yourself more, love yourself more, because you deserve all the love in the world (: Your life is worth everything.

I hope what I put isn't too crude :/ and I hope it helped, even if just a little bit. If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm just a few keystrokes away (:

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Believe. Offline
Average Joe

Name: you can call me iz

Re: It's getting worse? - March 27th 2011, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamillia View Post
Thanks.
I'm trying very hard to think positively... I guess I just find it difficult sometimes.
when you find it difficult, you know there's a lot of us here you can talk too. Please talk to me if you're ever feeling down, ok? =/

Blah

(#8 (permalink)) Old
BasicFacts Offline
A Soul Already Sold
Average Joe

Re: It's getting worse? - March 28th 2011, 12:03 AM

@lauri: Thanks. I do have a therapist, and I'm planning on asking her if I might have depression (not just because of the suicidal thoughts, but for other symptoms as well).

@chrissy2009: I'm sorry you feel this way too. :/ And thanks for the PM offer, I'll keep it in mind.

@01love: Yeah, I try to be grateful for the things I have. You know, the things I have to live for and everything. It does help.

@notabell: I will, and thank you!

Closed Thread