TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ella. Offline
Average Joe

Name: Elise

Unhappy Feeling depressed :/ - March 27th 2011, 07:04 PM

Hey, been feeling really depressed today and i dont know why, i was even thinking about cutting earlier which ive never thought about doing before.. :/
I think the only thing that stopped me from cutting was coz i knew someone would notice the marks.

I don't know why i've suddenly felt like this, i mean ive been down a bit but generally i had been quite happy in the last two years. I used to feel really depressed all the time and i thought that had gone but today i've felt so down and all the feelings have come back to me :/

i just keep wishing that i wont wake up, i keep thinking what's the point in my life and im scared about the future. i think it might partly be coz im moving to australia with my family in july and im worried about making new friends and starting school over there, i havent even told my friends at school about it yet, only my two close friends now. I know that i need to tell them because ill be moving in less than four months! but i just feel like i cant because i dont know how to and it makes it all seem so much more real. i dont really know if i want to move or not, part of me does because i know ill have a much better future but the other part of me is way too scared to coz ill have to start again and make new friends etc. which is quite hard for me as im generally a shy person!

so now i just feel like what's the point, ive gotta do loads of revision and stuff for my GCSEs in May which makes me feel more stressed and down and i feel lonely and helpless because i cant tell anyone about how i feel, i dont like showing my emotions to people :/ I'm so close to cutting but i think i dont do it properly coz im too scared to! I feel like i want to cry but i wont allow myself to :/

i dont know what to do anymore :/

sorry for this being so long!

Elise xx

Last edited by Ella.; March 27th 2011 at 08:43 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Unconnected Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Feeling depressed :/ - March 27th 2011, 07:23 PM

Hey!

Aww I hope you feel better soon, It must be so difficult moving i'd think from the fact you have to start over again but it could also maybe be a good thing? because it's a fresh start and nobody will know you there, just try not to worry about it and i think as soon as you tell your friends you'll feel abit better that you've told them and then they'd know about it also make sure you keep in touch with them (msn,skype,facebook,penpals) so that you can still talk to them and if you don't have a webcam you should defo buy one and you'd be able to speak see them on that..it won't be the same but if you try and save then you could always visit them (As a holiday) and you could always move back later in life?
good luck, i've never moved so this isn't much help!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Ella. Offline
Average Joe

Re: Feeling depressed :/ - March 27th 2011, 07:32 PM

thanks for replying yeah thats what ive been thinking too, but it just doesnt seem real to me that im moving and now i just really depressed and down lately and i dont know if it has anything to do with me moving or not i just feel down about everything :/ xx

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Unconnected Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Feeling depressed :/ - March 27th 2011, 07:41 PM

Hope you start feeling better, try listening to music or something that will take your mind off of things (Art? Shopping?) and hope you'll tell your friends when you next see them!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Ella. Offline
Average Joe

Re: Feeling depressed :/ - March 27th 2011, 07:44 PM

thank you yeah i do but the thing is once i stop everything comes back to me and i feel down again :/ tbh i think the only reason i havent cut is coz im too much of a wimp to! xx

Closed Thread