TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Bubbly751 Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Sarah

It's been bad - March 27th 2011, 09:19 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I have had a really bad last couple months and I'm so depressed. I don't care about anything, no motivation and I just want to cut. I want to kill myself so bad I think about it all the time, I can't even concentrate when I'm at school. It's controlling me. I'm so lost. I can't do it any more. To Much shit has happened like Kyle dying, I cried so much yesterday at the funeral. There is so many things I just can't keep going. You can call me a coward or weak I don't care I just want to die.

Feel free to PM or VM me

Sh free since 7/10/16

I've been here for 3 years and counting!!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Shadow90 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: It's been bad - March 28th 2011, 03:18 AM

Hey listen. Don't kill yourself. That's not the right choice. Your not a coward, your just really down. Stay strong and you'll get through it. PM me.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Maverick. Offline
Deep Thinker
I've been here a while

Name: Anthony

Re: It's been bad - March 28th 2011, 12:21 PM

Think of how Kyle would feel. He wouldn't want you to go along with it. Think of those that would be so devasted if you did. Let's talk about this. Whatever problems you have, can be solved. Suicide isn't the solution to any of them. There are people who love you. Family, friends, Kyle, even us. It is alright to cry. Grieving is important. I would be shocked if you didn't grieve over Kyle. But please don't do this. This is not the right thing to do. If you want to talk, let's talk. Don't feel alone. We love you.

You've had a landscaper and a house keeper since you were born
The sunshine always kept you warm.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Lovehatelife23 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Leslie

Re: It's been bad - March 28th 2011, 07:18 PM

Dont Kill your self. Its not worth it. Live Life it will get better. We all have our ups n downs. I thought today was going to be my bad day but it wasnt bc i turned it around to be a good day. Dont cut yourself either. Its not worth it. Its just putting scars on you tat u dont need n then your hurting people around u. Please dont give up. I know its tough right now for you. But think when you get older you could have a better life then wat it is now. Think bout it before you do it. Live Laugh Love Life! Never Hate!

R.I.P
CJ Collins 1993-2008
He was a Awesome Kid
I Love you n Miss you

You learn at a certain pace. Then that pace goes away. Then

you try and try to do everything you can. Then it gets harder.

Then you give up. Then its all over.

Leslie
  Send a message via Skype™ to Lovehatelife23 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
chrissy2009 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Chrissy

Re: It's been bad - March 29th 2011, 04:13 AM

I'm not going to call you a coward or weak. You are feeling helpless and hopeless. you are in a downward spiral and feeling like nothing will make you feel better. but i promise if you work at it you will feel better. don't give up on yourself. I have faith in you. Keep busy. Do what makes you happy. I was just in the same boat as you a couple days ago. And i almost gave up too. But then I sat down an cried for 4 hours straight. Then took as many deep breaths as i could. I went outside in the woods an enjoyed nature. Reminding myself of what made me happy. Letting the cool breeze wipe away my problems for even a quick second. Yes it's gonna take some time but it will be worth the comfort when the time is right. I'm here for you and wanna help get you through this.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
A glitch in the system.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: It's been bad - March 29th 2011, 08:20 AM

Hey Sarah.

You are not weak. You are not a coward. You've gone through a hard time, and you're just adjusting to that. There's nothing shameful in that.

I know how it feels when you think that the bad things are never going to end, that you'll never get through this, but it's not true. Sometimes bad things happen to good people, and you can't help that. But it doesn't mean you should give up. You just have to work through it, and get past it, and become a stronger person for it.

I don't mean to argue, but I don't think you really don't care. If you didn't, you wouldn't have made this thread. But the fact you did shows that there's something inside you that won't let you give up, and I urge you to get in touch with that.

Is there someone you can talk to about this? A friend, family member, counsellor? You don't have to deal with this alone. If what's happened, and how you're feeling, is interfering with your life, it's definitely time to seek help. Just have faith that you can do this.

Dying can seem like an easy option, I'll admit, but it's not the right choice. Think of all the people you'll leave behind, of all the things you'll never get to do. I can't think of a better way to say that you have your whole life ahead of you, but it's true. Don't throw it away.

Take care. And remember: you can do this.

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: It's been bad - March 29th 2011, 04:00 PM

Hey there

I am really sorry that you're going through such a rough time right now, you don't deserve to feel this way this way at all. You are worth so much and you honestly are a strong person, you are just going through a hard time and it is completely understandable you are struggling right now.

It sounds like you're going through a really difficult time so its incredibly important that you look after yourself even though you might not feel like you want to. Just simple little things like taking a bit of time out for yourself each night, even if its just having a bath for half an hour with some bubbles and candles. Just to relaxing a bit. Or perhaps go in your room for half and hour and read a book or do some art etc. You deserve to have some time to chill out and relax.

Self harm is a really difficult thing to deal with at time even though we use it as a coping technique. The urges and thoughts can become really overwhelming and can really drag you down. Have you tried using any alternatives to self harm when you have had urges? I know sometimes in the moment where we want to self harm, using alternatives is the last thing we want to try, but you have to really force yourself to try them. And not every single thing out there will help you so its all about trial and error. Don't let the things which don't help you put you down, keep on trying other things.

Do you have anyone to talk to? Talking to people about how we feel etc can be really scary and we can get quite worried over doing so, but afterwards it can be such a relief because it kind of lifts a weight of our shoulders and we also know we have someone to lean on and that we are not alone in this and that can be really reassuring and comforting. I really think talking to someone might help you a bit. Perhaps a parent, another family member, a friend, a teacher, a school counselor/nurse or even your doctor. These are all people who can be there for you when you need them and can help you get the right support to help you get through this.

You're still so young and you have your entire life ahead of you. You ARE worth so much and you can and you will get through this and reach happiness, and when you do you will be so glad that you never gave up. So keep in fighting, because there is hope. Things can get better for you.

Chin up and look after yourself.
Jessie.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Bubbly751 Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Sarah

Re: It's been bad - March 30th 2011, 05:55 AM

Thanks for caring, its nice to know that some one out there gives a shit if you off yourself. I'm not out the woods yet but better than a few days ago. I'm trying harder. I will get through.

Feel free to PM or VM me

Sh free since 7/10/16

I've been here for 3 years and counting!!

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
A glitch in the system.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: It's been bad - March 30th 2011, 06:29 AM

I'm glad to hear you're doing better. And of course we care.

It sounds like you've found a bit of optimism, and that's great to see. Remember, we're here for you, whenever. The most anyone can ask of you is for you try, and you're doing that. I admire you for it, and I really hope things get better for you soon.

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

Closed Thread