TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
chrissy2009 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Chrissy

Angry It's really got me :( - March 29th 2011, 06:00 AM

I don't know what's wrong with me lately. I can't stop crying and having bad thoughts. I can't figure out what's triggering me. Or what the reasoning is. I mean I have been through alot and it has been coming up a lot lately that when I got raped by my uncle that it was my fault. An now it's making me feel like everytime i was raped that it was my fault. It's making me go off the deep end. I feel hopeless and helpless like i can't concentrate anymore.
I just don't know anymore. I'm trying to help myself and bring myself out of this deep depression but i just keep feeling worse and worse.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: It's really got me :( - March 29th 2011, 06:28 AM

Hey Chrissy,

Usually, when somebody goes through something that could be considered traumatic (i.e. Rape, Abuse, or other things), its shown that therapy is beneficial.

If you're feeling this way, maybe you should consider getting into therapy, or seeing a counselor, to help you cope with what has happened.

Feel free to PM me if you want to chat. I think my PM works. If not, well, then send me a friend request first.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

(#3 (permalink)) Old
chrissy2009 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: It's really got me :( - March 29th 2011, 06:32 AM

I do have a therapist and i have good friends around me to hear me rant and rave and talk but it just doesn't seem to be helping me anymore. I'm just losing it. and sometimes i think about SH again and its been 3 years since i've done that. I'm just pathetic that's all. That's the only way i can think of it.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
chrissy2009 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: It's really got me :( - March 29th 2011, 06:40 AM

I just don't know if i wanna do this anymore. I just keep down spiraling real quick. I'm scared and feeling hopeless. There isn't much left for me.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Re: It's really got me :( - March 29th 2011, 06:45 AM

Has your therapist suggested a psychiatric evaluation to see if you have Depression? If that is the case, your problem may be that you need further Depression treatment.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
chrissy2009 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: It's really got me :( - March 29th 2011, 06:59 PM

Well i have been told that i have depression, bipolar, and post traumatic stress disorder. I'm on meds i'm seeking therapy also. But nothing is helping anymore. I just feel helpless lately. and i can't do anything right.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Re: It's really got me :( - March 29th 2011, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy2009 View Post
Well i have been told that i have depression, bipolar, and post traumatic stress disorder. I'm on meds i'm seeking therapy also. But nothing is helping anymore. I just feel helpless lately. and i can't do anything right.

To be fair, Depression and Bipolar can't co-exist, so it's one or the other. Maybe getting re-evaluated to figure out which would determine what medicines will work best. You can't have both, it's impossible.

Well Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder absolutely NEEDS therapy to be treated, that is probably why you're feeling helpless. Try to get into a therapist as soon as you can, because it's absolutely crucial to get therapy for PTSD, there is not really another way to treat it.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
chrissy2009 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: It's really got me :( - March 29th 2011, 11:18 PM

But I tried the therapy, i tried everything, i've been hospitalized for it. because i over dosed and was a cutting all the time. i was in a hospital for over a month. an now it means nothing. I just want to be dead! it would make myself and everyone around me very very happy!

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Re: It's really got me :( - March 29th 2011, 11:41 PM

That isn't true, Chrissy. You're important to many people. If nothing is working, maybe they've diagnosed you wrong. I highly suggest telling your doctor (or whoever has been giving you medications) that nothing is working.

The road to recovery, from almost everything (including mental illnesses, addictions, and the such) is a long, stressful one. You're going to have ups and downs, you're going to have hardships, and you're going to feel hopeless sometimes. But don't give up, try harder!

Problem with medical professionals is, they don't seem to want to work harder than they have to. If they can give you a quick fix, they probably will. You have to make sure they KNOW that you need help still, that they need to help you get better, that it is their JOB. I've been trying to get a 2nd opinion because the psychiatrist I'm seeing hasn't been listening to me. I'm not going to give up on getting the diagnosis I'm SURE is vital for me to get better. And you shouldn't either!

Feel free to PM me or something if you wish to talk more.

Closed Thread