TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
the.real Offline
just me.
Not a n00b

Name: Paige

It never ends. - April 2nd 2011, 07:38 PM

Every day is hell. I get out of bed and dread school, dread seeing people. I have been on and off depressed for seven or eight years now. I've always had an issue dealing with emotions- I never show them to others. I don't deal well with other people. For the last six months, it has been extensively awful. I've resorted to drugs and cutting. Nothing helps. I fell in love with an amazing person, only he picked someone else over me. My father is another story. He treats me as though I mean nothing to him. He's never proud of me. He criticizes everything. I'm prepared to end it. Only one person knows the real me, and even he snaps and treats me like shit sometimes. I just don't have the strength or the willpower to continue. And I don't know what to do.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: It never ends. - April 2nd 2011, 08:22 PM

First of all, well done for reaching out to us here. I'm sorry to hear you're going through a hard time and that it's been like this for so long now. Have you spoken to a doctor about this? Drugs and cutting will not help in any way. They make things so mcuh worse and become an addiction in time.

Depression is cureable and helpable, so reaching out is always a good thing to do. We're all here for you, and you can PM me whenever you want to.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#3 (permalink)) Old
bethhhjo Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Beth-Jo

Re: It never ends. - April 2nd 2011, 08:59 PM

I wouldn't suggest that you end your life, even for a minute. This isn't about your father, or the person you love, this is about you. You're going through a hard time at the moment, but there are ways that you can get through this. The amazing thing about life is that you don't need anyone else to be yourself. You are whatever you want to be, so make the most of it.
You say that the boy you love chose someone else over you, and sometimes treats you like shit. Well, I don't even need to see you, or have spoken to you before, to tell you that you are beautiful, and do not deserve any shit from anyone. Certainly not someone who you love and trust. Everyone is beautiful in their own way; and you seem like you a caring person who just wants the best for herself and others. As hard as it sounds, you need to move on, and find someone new. This guy doesn't deserve you, at all, and you need someone better who loves you and will support you no matter what.
I'd suggest that you see someone, about the drugs and the cutting. Because I know, that both of these two things are addictions, and you need to break the cycle. If you don't want to see a proffesional (that sometimes makes people feel like there is something wrong with them. There's nothing wrong with you, don't worry) then maybe talk to a close friend, or anyone that you trust. If you fail to find anyone, I'm always here if you need anything!:-)
You can get through this, and I'm 100% certain that you will. You are an amazing person, just to have the guts to talk about this. I have no doubt that you'll go really far in life, and you will find the right person to love you and care for you. I hope that I have helped you, feel free to talk to me anytime. Good luck in the future, enjoy your life, be happy :-) xxxxxxxxxxx

~i don't know the first time i felt unbeautiful, the day i chose not to eat. what i do know is how it changed my life forever, i know i should know better. there are days when i'm okay, and for a moment, for a moment, i find hope. but there are days when i'm not okay, and i need your help. 'cause i'm letting go..~
-Courage, Superchic[k]

Closed Thread