TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
bunnyrice Offline
Pessimist Daydreamer
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lyrica

Worried... - April 3rd 2011, 02:09 AM

Lately, there hasn't been a time when I actually feel happy. Even if I'm not exactly sad, I'm always tired and cheerless.

Actually, I started to experience mood changes around two years ago, but nothing too serious. Last year it worsened. Now it's become quite serious, as I spend around half the time in a damp, apathetic state. During those times I can't find joy on anything and the silliest stuff will make me feel depressed.

I feel bad about it, especially because my family and friends get worried, so I try to hide it from them. However, it only makes me feel worse. Also, I think a lot about suicide, not because I'm too pained, not only during times of despair, but because I can't find hope in future.

I can't really find a reason for feeling like this. Anyone can help?

(Just to make it clear, I'm neither a self-harmer nor I use any drugs.)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: Worried... - April 3rd 2011, 02:40 AM

You should probably talk to your family, and see if you can go to your doctor. You could be hormonal because well, it happens as you grow up. You could have a thyroid issue. You could even have Depression. But you won't know what's wrong, or how to take care of it, without help.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Re: Worried... - April 3rd 2011, 02:45 AM

What pulls me out of periods like that is keeping busy. Try art, homework, running and walk, playing music. Talking to your parents and friends can help. Keep asking what it is that is holding you down, keep pushing forward. As long as you keep moving you'll get somewhere, and if you make it as pointed tord getting happier as possible then where you get just might be better then where you are at.

http://strigidaeofchrono.deviantart.com/
"Setting boundaries is not a more sophisticated way of manipulation - although some people will say they are setting boundaries, when in fact they are attempting to manipulate. The difference between setting a boundary in a healthy way and manipulating is: when we set a boundary we let go of the outcome."

You shut your mouth
How can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am Human and I need to be loved
Just like everybody else does

Colonel Meow

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Silver Halide Offline
Average Joe

Re: Worried... - April 3rd 2011, 05:03 AM

This is very similar to how I felt when I was younger. I would definitely seek psychological help for the thoughts (that's what I did). The more pervasive things mirror how I am generally feeling now.

I've come to realize that sometimes you can't directly pinpoint the causes for depression and it's best to try to do as much as you can about it. Exercise does help with energy levels and mood as does diet. Your doctor may be able to help you work on pharmacological treatments for your depression.

Depression does not have to be something that you have to point a finger at. It can happen for a variety of complicated reasons and it can develop over time. It is, however, something that should improve for you. Work toward that: your family will be supportive of you.

Closed Thread