TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Paix et Amour Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Sarah

I just cant take it anymore :'( - April 4th 2011, 09:16 AM

lately ive been more depressed and suicidal then ever. my friend who was the only one keeping me alive got grounded from most online and phone for god knows how long, its possibly up to a year, when she finally turns 18. i have been doing things to keep my mind off it, like drawing, and everyone just puts me down saying im bad at whatever it is im doing.

i just really dont feel like there is any point in living anymore.
  Send a message via MSN to Paix et Amour Send a message via Skype™ to Paix et Amour 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Pippa Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I just cant take it anymore :'( - April 4th 2011, 01:07 PM

Is it possible to talk to your friend's parents? Explain what's going on? It would be scary, but they might make an exception. Does your friend's grounding extend to you coming over or she visiting you? Could you try that?

I know it's hard, hugs for you. But just hold on. Perhaps think of all the things you want to achieve through your life. What do you want to be when you grow up? Do you want to help people? Do you like animals? Perhaps you want to see a certain animal or if you've got a cat or dog (or any other pet) perhaps you enjoy petting them. You can't do things when you're dead, and you won't be able to see your friend or anyone else either. You still have a whole life to live through and things will get better, life comes in waves. Ups and downs. It's hard, but worthwhile. You can change your life, even if it's a little bit at a time.

Hang in there

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Simplyme7 Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: I just cant take it anymore :'( - April 4th 2011, 02:38 PM

I really do suggest talking to someone about your feelings. I used to be like that all the time. I had times when I was so depressed that I literally wanted to end my life and my fiancee was scared a few times that I actually would. I was sad, mad and tired all the time, and I just felt like no one cared, loved me, or could ever possibly understand me.
Then one day my fiancee put his foot down and told me that I was getting an anti-depressant. I was scared to at first, and really didn't want to, but it has helped me sooo much. Sure I still get my bad days here and there, but who doesn't? And it's much much better than how it was before.

I know it seems hard, but you can get through this. I agree with the previous poster also. Find out if there is a possible way to still talk to your friend. Maybe her parents will make an exception if they understand what you are going through.

Oh, and one other thing. In my case, my depression also got better once I truley asked Jesus Christ into my heart and was determined to live for him. It helped me to see the light at the end of the tunnel and to know that I'm never alone. If you ever want to know anything about that, feel free to PM me. I'm here to talk.

Never give up honey. You can and will get through this. It will be hard, but you can do it. There are people that care about you and I am one of them. If you ever need or want to talk about anything feel free to PM me. I'm here for you.

Take care.

Closed Thread