TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Anatidaephobia Offline
Smile :) You're beautiful!
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Emma

asking for help? - April 4th 2011, 10:16 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I'm not exactly sure where i should post this. Or even why i am posting this, i am just unsure of what to do right now and i am so scared.

I am really struggling right now. I am addicted to cutting and all i can think about it taking a blade to my wrist and ending it. Everything is just to much to handle right now. I really want to ask for help but i can't say it. I can't admit it. I am so scared and feel so alone right now. I know i have friends and people who care but i still feel alone. I am starving myself and making myself sick if i eat, cutting all the time, have constant thoughts of suicide and am feeling really low. I just can't handle this.

I was wondering has anyone spoken to anyone at their school about something similar or would know what happens if i said something? I am struggling with work. I can't concentrate and i am falling behind and struggling a lot. But i am not sure what to say and what if i can't say anything?

Thank you for reading this

xxxxxxx Take care xxxxxxx

If you ever need ANYTHING just ask (:
Feel Free to leave me a message anytime:
VmPM

I won't let you close enough to hurt me
help link mentor Live help operator
  Send a message via MSN to Anatidaephobia Send a message via Skype™ to Anatidaephobia 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Katley Offline
<3 <3 </3 <3
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kat

Re: asking for help? - April 5th 2011, 12:36 AM

Hey there Emma
What I can tell u is this: when u feel like everythings over, and that u cant get any further, take a breath and preservere. Suicide is an easy way out, and I KNOW that u are stronger than that. I'm not gonna stand up and say that I'm okay, and that everythings great for me, heck no I freaking cut today. But I know there is a way out and a reason that u are here, that I am here, and that eventually u will find that reason. Message me k? <3

Just rise above this
Kill them with your kindness
Ignorance is blindness
They're the ones that stand to lose

'Cause they don't even know you
All they see is SCARS
They don't see the ANGEL
Living in your heart

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Anatidaephobia Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: asking for help? - April 5th 2011, 04:19 AM

Thank you
I admire your honesty and I just want you to know that i'm always here if you need anything.
I'm not planning on ending it right now it just seems like a good idea. I just don't know what to do and am so confused right now.

VmPM

Send a message via MSN to Anatidaephobia Send a message via Skype™ to Anatidaephobia 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Katley Offline
<3 <3 </3 <3
Junior TeenHelper

Re: asking for help? - April 5th 2011, 04:50 AM

No problem, same for u ik what u mean by confusion. Happens for me a lot too.. but ending it isn't ever a good idea, because its a weak way out and will leave pain and disaster in what u leave. I mean that's why I don't think of it as an option anymore. I realized that it's a really selfish act. And I'm glad u rnt planning on it right now, that's really good staystrong. <3

Just rise above this
Ignorance is blindness

All they see is SCARS
They don't see the ANGEL
Living in your heart

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Anatidaephobia Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: asking for help? - April 5th 2011, 04:56 AM

Thank you <3
And yeah i know it's weak and selfish but i just idolise it in my head and think its the easiest and best solution. But i know it's not and that i have to stay strong and fight.
And yup it's awfully confusing

VmPM

(#6 (permalink)) Old
how.we.operate. Offline
~Sing Me To Sleep~
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Nikki

Re: asking for help? - April 5th 2011, 07:33 AM

Hey hugs!
I never have told an adult, but I have told a few friends and people close to me (my boyfriend).
I think that you are brave that you are asking for help on something like this because it does take courage to tell someone. First off, don't be afraid to tell someone. Don't think that you are weak! Telling someone makes you strong, but asking for help makes you stronger.
When I was planning to tell someone, I kept mentally freaking out thinking that the person will change how they think about me and that they will tell my parents or someone else and I'd get into trouble. When you go to someone, you will have doubts of telling them at first; you will feel like you shouldn't have told them for a while, but eventually you will learn to accept the fact that they want to help.

In terms of telling someone, I wasn't sure if you meant an adult/teacher/counselor or someone at school as in a friend. If you mean an adult, then take a second to think of what you want to happen. What I mean by that is...an adult at school wants the best for you and if you do not establish confidentiality, they may tell your parents only because you are putting yourself in harm and they want to help. DO NOT let this discourage you from telling someone, just make sure to think about who you might tell.
If you are telling a friend, then do realize that not everyone has been through this. Some people will help, some people don't exactly know what to say and what to do.

Some advice...work on eating and try to get out of cutting. Give yourself goals to think about, things to do, small steps. Instead of starving yourself, eat small snacks at certain times. Instead of cutting, blast music, journal, talk to someone, watch a movie, etc. Give yourself something to do instead.

Give me a PM anytime, I'm happy to help/listen

Leave the past behind, just walk away
When it's over, and the heart break
And the cracks begin to show

*~*~This little girl was alone in the world~*~*
Hold Onto Hope

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Katley Offline
<3 <3 </3 <3
Junior TeenHelper

Re: asking for help? - April 6th 2011, 01:02 AM

I do the same thing... Idolize it. Its one big brain game and I never know which side I'm really on

Just rise above this
Ignorance is blindness

All they see is SCARS
They don't see the ANGEL
Living in your heart

Closed Thread