TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Zyzz Offline
Senior TeenHelper

why should i really bother - April 6th 2011, 02:48 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

idk if this is really asking for help or just a realization but i bet it could lead to help me alot idk really.

but really and honestly, whats the point, why should i really even be alive, im honestly just a burden to everyone, and as of recently, im just pissing off and annoying everyone, idk, i guess im just a real waste of space.

and in my search for my reason for living, i read that "reasons to live" thread hundreds of times, and now really nothing there i read really gives me a reason,

so back to my question/ realization statement thing i was saying, why should i even bother being around?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
the.real Offline
just me.
Not a n00b

Name: Paige

Re: why should i really bother - April 6th 2011, 03:34 AM

Live for you. Live for each moment as it is. Forget about being a burden, forget abo the people who are pissed; they don't really matter in the long run. Live for your future, whether you can see it or not. Maybe sometime down the road, you and I will run into eachother. I'd hate to miss that opportunity just because you ended it ahead of time. Live for all the influences you'll have on people, good and bad. Live for me. You have every reason to bother living. PM me if you want to. I'll be here.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
how.we.operate. Offline
~Sing Me To Sleep~
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Nikki

Re: why should i really bother - April 6th 2011, 06:34 AM

Everyone goes through that question at some point. I went through part of my life just wanting to end my life because I did truly think that I was that waste of space, of air, etc.

You do have a meaning in life, you just might not be able to accept it. For example, I went through my depression in a terrible manner, but it brought me to my current boyfriend. He can't imagine life without meeting me.
If you make someone smile, laugh, cry, or if you give advice or even ask for advice, you are something to someone. Some people live off of the fact that they can help others, some love to see someone smile, and much more.

Be around to see the future, to live for what others can't. A lot of death jumpstarted my depression...I had a friend that died when we were in 6th grade and when I see pictures of her, I think of how much she didn't deserve to die. Live for what those that died can't live for.
Live for love, for yourself, for sadness, for laughing, and for the future. You don't know your future, so why end things? You could have been long gone by now, but you are still here. Doesn't that make you think of how lucky you are to be here? Like I always think about those that have died due to accidents or horrible events...
One of my friends died because his father decided that he wanted to take their lives. This friend was always nice and tried to make friends and he was a misfit in school. His father killed the guy, his wife, and himself.
Why stop your life short? We will never know if my friend would have lived on and become a history teacher (he was a huge history buff) or if he would have done something significant.

When you are depressed and suicidal, you always second guess yourself. You start thinking how you don't mean anything to anyone so why should you be here? The thing is, you are wrong. You do mean something to someone and you aren't nothing.

Live to smile, to laugh again, to be happy. Live for the good.
I hope this helps, if you need feel free to PM me

Leave the past behind, just walk away
When it's over, and the heart break
And the cracks begin to show

*~*~This little girl was alone in the world~*~*
Hold Onto Hope

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: why should i really bother - April 6th 2011, 05:58 PM

Hey there.

I'm really sorry that yo're struggling to find a reason to live with now. Thats a horrible place to be in.

Firstly, live for the small things. The long hot showers before you go to bed, that morning coffee, seeing the sun rise, walking in the river, being lain on the grass with the sun shining, seeing other happy around you, watching your favorite tv programme. All those small doses of happiness.

But then the big things to. What do you do? What do you want to do? I know I want to become a Mental health nurse to help people who have been in my situation and that really helps me to keep going because the thought that I could save someones life from depression really makes me passionate about that job. Is there anything like that you could do? Something you really want to do. Then things like falling in love, having children, having grand children, going bungee jumping, running the marathon, traveling the world, writing a book. This is your life, you can plan it. DO what you want to do because you want to do it.

And you're cared about. People care about you. I care about you and you are not a burden.

Stay strong.
Jessie.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#5 (permalink)) Old
*CatchingStars* Offline
Healing my soul
I've been here a while

Name: Corri

Re: why should i really bother - April 6th 2011, 06:21 PM

because i care and u dont annoy me u the only one who gets me to smile for a long period of time and if u leave i will be devistated my yellow lemon dude I will say this i care and there are ppl on here that care about u ur a great guy and really fun to be around and i will say i do mess with u alot and a reason to live to show yourself you strong enough to live u r worth it and there are ppl who care or at least i care if u ever ever need to talk pm me alright dont hesitate
love coco

Life is too

Short to spend

It at war with

Yourself.

Iím catching stars in the sky because I am fixing the soul within me. May it be from the heart a girl broke years ago or my soul simply repairing itself as it was shattered on my walk on this earth. May the stardust fill those cracks within my soul making me brand new, but never forgetting who I once was.

Closed Thread