TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
StaceyB1992 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Stacey

Depressed, Suicidal And A Self Harmer :( - April 6th 2011, 07:20 PM

Hiya guys,

My names Stacey and I have been self harming for nearly 4 years now. I have tried taking my life on a number of occassions but failed. My family don't know about any of this. I have been seeing a counsellor since December and I don't know what to do any more. I hate my life and I could really do with talking to people that can understand and not judge me.

Any help will be greatly appreciated and if anyone needs support for anything, im here for you. Love Stacey xxxx

(#2 (permalink)) Old
oldaccount Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Depressed, Suicidal And A Self Harmer :( - April 6th 2011, 07:28 PM

You can PM me anytime Stacey(: I know how it feels to want to die, and to self harm. First off, I don't know you, but I can tell you're beautiful... WAY too beautiful to be lost. You were put on this earth for a reason, and only God (or whoever your higher existence may be) can take your life. You are a great, wonderful, amazing person, and someone out there loves you, needs you, wants you to live. I know it may seem hard to believe, but it's true. PM me anytime(:

(#3 (permalink)) Old
BreathAgain Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Depressed, Suicidal And A Self Harmer :( - April 6th 2011, 07:35 PM

Stacey, i know the feeling. I've been suicial and self harmer for 2 years, Almost 3 now. I've tried to kill my self to. But your not alone. (:
&& life is worth living.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
StaceyB1992 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Depressed, Suicidal And A Self Harmer :( - April 6th 2011, 07:59 PM

Thank you both so much, your advice has been brilliant. It really helps to know that I'm not alone and I want you both to know tht I'm here for you both too and plz do pm if you want to chat.

Stacey xxxx

(#5 (permalink)) Old
*CatchingStars* Offline
Healing my soul
I've been here a while

Name: Corri

Re: Depressed, Suicidal And A Self Harmer :( - April 6th 2011, 08:04 PM

well hi welcome first and im coco and i totally see where ur coming from i been SH for at least 4or5 yrs depressed since 4grade and family dosent know so if u ever need a helping hand just feel free to come to me im always here for ppl and i will help as much as i can

love coco

Life is too

Short to spend

It at war with

Yourself.

Iím catching stars in the sky because I am fixing the soul within me. May it be from the heart a girl broke years ago or my soul simply repairing itself as it was shattered on my walk on this earth. May the stardust fill those cracks within my soul making me brand new, but never forgetting who I once was.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
StaceyB1992 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Depressed, Suicidal And A Self Harmer :( - April 6th 2011, 08:42 PM

Thank you so much Coco, it's nice to hear from someone who also has the difficulty of hiding this from their family. I'm always here for you too.

Stacey xxxx

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Depressed, Suicidal And A Self Harmer :( - April 6th 2011, 09:03 PM

Hey there Stacey.

I'm really glad you have come here to try and talk to people in similar situations and to seek support. That's a really positive step in the right direction.

I am really sorry that things have been really quite rough for you recently. It sounds like you have been going through a really hard time. Is there anything that you're aware of which is triggering you to feel this way? If not then perhaps its something you really need to try and think about to try and discover why you are feeling the way you are. If you do know whats making you feel this way, you're more than welcome to talk about to us if you want to. We'll try to support you as much as we can.

Self harm becomes a really viscous cycle and it can be so incredibly difficult to break the chain. But just because it is hard doesn't mean that you can't do it. Why do you self harm? What do you get out of hurting yourself? Really think about it. Theres no wrong or right answer, it's really personal and everyone has their own reasons. For now I really want to encourage you more than anything to use distractions. I know sometimes when we are in the moment of being triggered and feel like we want to hurt ourselves not self harming is really difficult but you have to force yourself to use distractions because you're the only one who can do it. At the end of the day you are the only one in control of your actions so you really have to force yourself. Not every single distraction out there will work for you so it's all about trial and error. When you come across one which doesn't work, don't let it set you back. Keep on trying others.

I think it might really help for you to talk to someone too. Are you honest with your counselor? I know talking to people can be hard because these are personal feelings and thoughts and letting them out is really scary. People can help but only if you let them in. They can't help you if they don't know what's going on with you. You have to be completely honest with them. It doesn't all have to come out at once, you can go at your own pace but you have to try and make sure you don't lie. Once they know the truth they can really start to work with you in a way which you will benefit from. Also here is a list of helplines . These people do their job because they want to help people like yourself. They care about you and they won't judge you. If you need them, they are there.

I know things are hard for you right now but they can and they will get better. Depression is manageable, it is treatable. People do get better from it. I know its hard but you can do it. Believe in yourself.

Stay strong and keep your chin up.
Jessie.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#8 (permalink)) Old
StaceyB1992 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Depressed, Suicidal And A Self Harmer :( - April 8th 2011, 07:25 PM

Thank You So Much Jessie Your Information And Support Has Been Great

I Lost My Dad To Lung Cancer Back In 2002, When I Was 9. My Counsellor Belives That I May Only Be Grieving For Him Now And That May Be A Major Cause For My Emotions And Behaviour.

Self Harm Us My Way Of Coping When Im Upset Or Angry. I Find It Better To Hurt Myself Instead Of Others And It Feels As If The Blood Flowwing From My Body Is Removing Me Emotional Pain From Within Me.

Recentley I Have Began To Open Up To My Counsellor A Lot More But Im Constanlty Embarrassed And Ashamed Of My Behaviour. I'm So Confused And Really Lost Ib My Own Body.

Thank You So Much Again Jessie,

Love, Stacey xxxx

Closed Thread