TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
idamareex Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ida

tired of this - April 7th 2011, 10:55 PM

i keep having these episodes where im depressed for 1-2 weeks and it is horrible but when its over i know for a fact that it is coming back , it always does and i don't know why it does but im getting pretty tired of it and i have tried just about everything to make myself happy but it just dosen't work . it starts to effect my daily life , my homework,grades,school and well i even skip school because of it
all i do is lay in my bed so i can sleep my whole life away maybe im so tired because i also self harm but anyways it just sucks ! i don't want to live the rest of my life having these episodes
do you think theres a way to prevent these episodes from coming ?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
lauri Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Lauri

Re: tired of this - April 7th 2011, 11:47 PM

You can treat this depression by going to see a therapist and getting on some anti depressants they will make the depression go away and make you much happier.

message me if you want {: Hope you feel better hugss
  Send a message via Yahoo to lauri  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
SouthernBelle. Offline
InsaneAnnie
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

Re: tired of this - April 8th 2011, 12:57 AM

Yup, you need to see a therapist. However, I believe we ought to let them be the judge of whether or not she actually needs anti-depressants, Lauri.

From a non-professional stand point, I think you need to first of all...

*drumroll*

Stop cutting! If you think it's what's making you tired, it is probably very well what's making you tired. Listen to some good music or call up a friend or family member or write a horrendously long PM to a TH member when you feel like cutting. After a while, your tiredness will go away, then (or even before then; actually, that's the best thing) you can tackle this depression of your's.

Now, first off: Do you notice that your depressive state occurs around a particular time of the month? I'm sure you know what I mean by particular time of the month. If so, and even if not, you may need to see a normal doctor and ask them to check for hormone imbalances. You may also be lacking a particular important vitamin in your diet that is making you feel tired and depressed. Vitamin D in particular seems to cause that.

Scratch that first paragraph up there: First thing, visit your doctor, tell him/her everything, let them run some tests and draw some blood and whatnot, and then have yourself recommended to a therapist, if all else fails.

Good luck, and whatever you do: Don't just walk into the doctor's office and ask for anti-depressants! Not only will they think you're a wacko, but they'll also think you're just taking desperate measures. Or, at least, that's what I'd think.

Anna's Personal Keys to Happiness
1. Do what you want within the bounds of reason, whenever you want to, and regret nothing. 2. If you have an opinion, don't beat around the bush, or there isn't a point in saying it. 3. Don't keep the company of anyone who won't like you and will try to change you.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
idamareex Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: tired of this - April 8th 2011, 03:47 AM

all my vitamins are fine , i checked them.
and i also take note when i get depressed and when it ends and it dosen't start only in the winter or in the spring but its like 2 weeks depressed and then 1 week or two weeks happy .

(#5 (permalink)) Old
lauri Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: tired of this - April 8th 2011, 04:08 AM

maybe your bipolor idamareex google bipolor idamaree your happyness has to be like really hyper more than just normal happines to be considered bipolor and then the sad has to be extreme too like cant get out of bed and crying a lot and other things. Google bipolor idamareex and see if it sounds like you.

IF IT DOES SOUND LIKE YOU THEN SEE A THERAPIST AND TELL HER EVERYTHING ABOUT YOUR MOOD SWINGS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOUR DEPREESED AND WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOUR HAPPY HOW YOU FEEL AND STUFF AND SHE CAN TELL YOU IF YOUR BIPOLOR OR NOT OR IF ITS SOMETHING ELSE.

I KNOW ITS SCARY SEEING A THERAPIST BUT TO KNOW WHATS TRULEY GOING ON YOU NEED TO SEE ONE AND THEN THEY CAN FIND OUT WHAT IT IS AND TRY TO TREAT IT WITH TALK THERAPY AND MEDS THAT WILL MAKE YOU FEEL AL ITTLE BETTER.

HUGGSS MESSAGE ME IF YOU WANT {:
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
idamareex Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: tired of this - April 8th 2011, 11:01 AM

lauri : i googled bipolar isn't that what you mean't?
and it sounds very familiar with what i feel
tnx for mentioning it

(#7 (permalink)) Old
lauri Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: tired of this - April 8th 2011, 12:59 PM

Yes idameex thats what I meant. So you looked it up and feel it sounds like you so next step is to see a psychiatrist they prescribe meds and diagnonse. To get answers and to get diagnonsed you need to go see a psychiatrist right away as soon as possible make appoinment to see one.

Either print off bipolor symptoms and show it to the psychiatrist and say I feel like this and then explain when it happens what happens when depresed and sad or just telll them how you feel and they will be sure to figure out what it may be. Meds might be a option that will make you feel a little better and more stable if your bipolor.

Well Take care I hope you schedule a appoinment soon with a psychiatrist. GOOD LUCK {:
Closed Thread