TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
drifter Offline
just a hell raising sugar
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Dannielle Lorraine

I am not sure where to go from here - April 11th 2011, 12:48 PM

I have not been diagnosed with depression but I think I have some lower form of it. I never seem to be happy and if I do start,(feeling good) something in me pulls me back. I never seem to really enjoy things either. I can't shake it. I don't know how to handle it. There isn't anyone for me to talk to. In the last two years I have moved about 6 times since mom left dad. I try to be happy for my sister (who is 3 years younger) and mom. Its a very bitter divorce too. so, ok, why am I writing this? I want help, but I don't know what to ask for. Sorry, I am really at a lost what to ask for. Maybe to start how do you cope with it? then how do you not allow it to control you? Please any suggestions or maybe how you handle it. I am open to anything. I am worried about my sister and mom too. They seem down too, so anything that I can do to help them too would be great too. Thank you.
(We don't have much money so therapists are not quite an option at the moment. The counsilors at the schools I have been to have not helped too much.)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
luvflamingos Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Mary

Re: I am not sure where to go from here - April 11th 2011, 01:41 PM

Hi Dannielle. I know someone on here will be a lot more helpful than I will be in answering your post, but I wanted you to know that I'm here if you ever want to talk. I'm dealing with some of the very things you are atm (depression, family, moving, money). You are not alone. I'm here if you ever want someone to rant to, listen or talk with. Stay strong.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
NeverNeverLand Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I am not sure where to go from here - April 11th 2011, 01:49 PM

It sounds like you have a great support system with your sister and mom, thats great! I didn't have that when I was going through the same things, so I would definitely talk to them. Set a time each week where you all can vent and get out your worries and frustrations. Bitter divorces are the worst, they take a toll on the children, its something that you shouldn't have to deal with so young, but you do deal with nonetheless. I would also try and make time to do something with them thats super fun, playing silly board games sounds ridiculous but it can really help. Also, this site is super great when it comes to stuff like this, feel free to contact people (me included) whenever you need. As for the depression, you may or may not, it sounds like the divorce is just taking a toll on you but don't leave it unchecked. If after talking things out you still feel down all the time, seek help from a doctor. Depression can escalate, don't let it get that far. You sound like a bright and strong girl, hang in there!

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
drifter Offline
just a hell raising sugar
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Dannielle Lorraine

Re: I am not sure where to go from here - April 11th 2011, 03:44 PM

Thank you Mary and neverneverland, for your comments and support.
It means alot to me to know that you guys are open to listen to me and offer help. Thank you. ( the reverse is true too, I am open to listening and trying to help too)

Closed Thread