TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Miss Adventure Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Misty

Exclamation My girlfriend - April 12th 2011, 11:42 PM

My girlfriend is depressed. From what she's told me, it's been this way for years. She said that when I came along around a year ago, I really made things better. Recently though, she's been having a lot of problems with her mother (worse than usual) and yesterday was her first day back to school after she dropped out of school for over a year. She's been talking about that going back to school makes her feel stupid since she's so out of practice and her mother is only glad that she's going back because of the money her mother gets out of it and no other reason. She's just been going on about what a failure she thinks she is. She called me around 1 am this morning telling me that she was feeling suicidal (I told her to call me if she was feeling this way) and just now she texted me saying that she wanted to die.

I love her with all of my heart and I can't stand it when she's like this, especially now since it's worse than I've ever seen her. I've been listening to her and I've been there for her. It's really hard for me to comfort her or anything because we live so far away from each other and every time I try, I feel like she's just pushing me away. I just don't know what to do anymore

when nothing goes right, i go left.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: My girlfriend - April 13th 2011, 02:38 AM

I'm sorry that you have to go through this, I can definitely relate to it. My best friend is the exact same way, whenever she is feeling really depressed she seems to shut off to the world and my words seem to bounce right off her, but in this case the best you can do is to be there for her and keep reassuring her that it's all going to be alright.

I'm sorry to hear that you live far away from each other, but maybe you could plan a day for just the two of you to get away from it all? Whether that be going out or just staying indoors to chill and watch stupid shows, there is no way someone can be sad when they are with people they love.

Just stay positive for her and for yourself

I really hope I helped in any way.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
how.we.operate. Offline
~Sing Me To Sleep~
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Nikki

Re: My girlfriend - April 13th 2011, 06:45 AM

I'm sorry, this always is hard to deal with.
One thing that is a must, always let her know that you are there for her and that you care about her so much. Let her know that she has someone to lean on when she needs it and someone who thinks about her constantly. You essentially have to supply her with comfort.
As for her mom, that is just rough and no one deserves that. It is hard to deal with depression, I know because I was depressed and suicidal, my ex was harming himself, and a guy I know/care for is very suicidal randomly. You need to make yourself even more available to her than you are, although you are probably there for her 100% of the time. I don't know if you are allowed to have her overnight/you at hers overnight, but if that is possible, definitely make that an option.

Leave the past behind, just walk away
When it's over, and the heart break
And the cracks begin to show

*~*~This little girl was alone in the world~*~*
Hold Onto Hope

Closed Thread