TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ashamed Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jason

schizophrenic!? or just enormously stressed? - April 14th 2011, 03:00 AM

lately ive been extremely stressed.... just to give ya an idea...went from jail(for battery on my father) to a crisis center(for attempting suicide) to a homeless shelter(rejected by both parents) anyway....im passed the self loathing and remorse...ive been having illogical thoughts...ive separated my existance into 2 plains. plain of thought and physical reality. i see that my plain of thought is being put under tremendous stress by physical reality...bottom line is...i see physical destruction as a way to save my mind from true pain(insanity)...i know that this isnt exactly right....anyone bother to help me somehow?.. or am i right,am i already insane??...im deeply confused and twisted because my theory oddly makes sense to me.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Noah Zomby Offline
<3
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Noah Mohandas Tanner

Re: schizophrenic!? or just enormously stressed? - April 14th 2011, 07:32 AM

Wow, that really does sound like a lot of stress for anyone.

So you have to like balance out the destruction so it doesn't take over?

From what I can tell right now, it's not schizophrenia. You're just really stressed and it has caused you to look at your sanity in a new (and I know it might sound kind of bad but) and interesting way. With schizophrenia you have multiple personalities. Like different people all in one body that come out at random times. This doesn't sound like that, so you can take schizophrenia out of the equation. I just think with all the stress that's been put onto you, your brain changed in a way.

So basically, I don't think it's schizophrenia. I'm pretty sure it's just stress.

Risk something, take back what's yours.
Say something that you know they might attack you for.
Cause I'm sick of being treated like I have before.
Like it's stupid standing for, what I'm standing for.

When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die.

Your voice is your own, I can't protect it.

You'll have to sing.
A verse no one has ever, known.
Don't be afraid.
Cause no one ever sings, alone.
Love all.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Spirit. Offline
Run free
I've been here a while

Name: Kaveri

Re: schizophrenic!? or just enormously stressed? - April 14th 2011, 10:27 AM

Hi Jason,

First of all, let me clarify something for you. A schizophrenic is someone with the "split-mind" as they call it. Schizophrenia is a complex disorder which is characterized by hallucination, delusions and incomprehensible speech. On the other hand schizophrenia also implies that a person will lack certain social processes and will be unable to cope in the social arena. So basically, they are unable to process certain information in their minds.

You, are not a schizophrenic. Nor are you crazy/insane or any such thing. You've been deeply impacted by what has happened to you, that is causing you to act out and see physical destruction as a coping mechanism.

The things that have happened in your past, whether recently or distant, has certainly made a lasting impression on you, and not in a good way. What it sounds like, from what you've described, is just anger. What it is to you is like unending anger and pain. You don't know where to go from where you're standing. This is what I'm getting from what you're saying.

However, I have also to tell you, that if this continues, at some point, you will no longer be able to control your emotions, or your actions. Your anger and pain will guide you, and that's the last thing that you want.

You need to go see a counselor or a therapist and sort this out. It has caused a lot of trauma in you and it needs to be released. And to do so, you need help from a professional. Someone who can handle what you're going through, and help you out of it. Which is the only reason I'm suggesting a therapist. I don't think you're insane, or crazy.

Hope you feel better! And PM me if you need anything.
Take care of yourself. <3

~Through the wind and the rain she stands hard as a stone
In a world that she can't rise above.
But her dreams give her wings and she flies to a place where she's loved.

Concrete Angel

"And so I grew from colt to stallion
As wild and as reckless as thunder over the land.
Racing with the eagle, soaring with the wind.
Flying? There were times I believed I could."

HelpLINK Mentor - 2.4.2011
LiveHelp Operator - 18.6.2011

Last edited by Spirit.; April 15th 2011 at 07:24 AM.
  Send a message via MSN to Spirit. Send a message via Skype™ to Spirit. 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: schizophrenic!? or just enormously stressed? - April 14th 2011, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah Zomby View Post
With schizophrenia you have multiple personalities. Like different people all in one body that come out at random times. This doesn't sound like that, so you can take schizophrenia out of the equation.
Not true, actually. That is Multiple Personality Disorder (MPD, DID are other abbreviations used).

But on the original topic, as has been said, it doesn't sound like Schizophrenia, but that's because Schizophrenia is a lot more complex than what you have said.

I thought I had schizophrenia, due to having a few symptoms, but it turned out to be less common symptoms of something else, that I was diagnosed with.

Most likely, you're just under a lot of stress. Still, you could try to see a counselor or a therapist, so you have somebody to talk to, and also someone to help you cope, or even help you if your mindset becomes worse.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

Closed Thread