TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lexxis Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lexxis

I need this post to be closed - April 14th 2011, 11:46 AM

I need this post to be closed.

Last edited by lexxis; April 14th 2011 at 07:29 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: I don't want this - April 14th 2011, 03:33 PM

There is always a chance of things getting better, Lexxis.

Have you talked to anybody about all these negative feelings you're having? A counselor at school, a friend, a trusted adult? If you reach out to someone, you'll be one step closer to getting better, trust me.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: I don't want this - April 14th 2011, 04:00 PM

You have to be optimisic Lexxis. Things can get better, but you have to let them. The longer you say to yourself they can't, the longer they wont. You're capable of changing your views of this.

Perhaps try seeing a counsellor, or talking to your parents, or a friend or trusted teacher. These people are your best bets of reassurence and professional help, and I'd highly recommend talking to one of them.

You absolutly do deserve things. Everyone deserves to be happy, and everyone can be happy. You are no exception to this. You, just like everyone else, are perfectly capable of being happy and living a long bright life. More to the point, you totally deserve to aswell.

Take care, and you know my inbox is always open, so if you want to discuss anything, shoot me a PM and i'll help you out the best I can. Take care and keep strong, keep your chin up.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#4 (permalink)) Old
calgary01 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I don't want this - April 14th 2011, 04:48 PM

Keep trying to be positive. Right now it might seem like things won't ever get better.....but one day they will. Just don't give up
  Send a message via Skype™ to calgary01 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
figureskater09 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Tiffany Lacey

Re: I don't want this - April 14th 2011, 05:44 PM

hey im new and just wanted to say things will get better i know you cant see that right now but they will just try to stay strong and possitive and you will beat all the pain you feel. I'm here if you want to talk you can always PM me.

Stay strong

Tiffany (figureskater09) xx
  Send a message via MSN to figureskater09 Send a message via Skype™ to figureskater09 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
lexxis Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I don't want this - April 14th 2011, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
There is always a chance of things getting better, Lexxis.

Have you talked to anybody about all these negative feelings you're having? A counselor at school, a friend, a trusted adult? If you reach out to someone, you'll be one step closer to getting better, trust me.
It seems impossible.
Yes,it is difficult to discuss about it.I seem to be taking steps backwards only.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
lexxis Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I don't want this - April 14th 2011, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safe-inside-my-head View Post
You have to be optimisic Lexxis. Things can get better, but you have to let them. The longer you say to yourself they can't, the longer they wont. You're capable of changing your views of this.

Perhaps try seeing a counsellor, or talking to your parents, or a friend or trusted teacher. These people are your best bets of reassurence and professional help, and I'd highly recommend talking to one of them.

You absolutly do deserve things. Everyone deserves to be happy, and everyone can be happy. You are no exception to this. You, just like everyone else, are perfectly capable of being happy and living a long bright life. More to the point, you totally deserve to aswell.

Take care, and you know my inbox is always open, so if you want to discuss anything, shoot me a PM and i'll help you out the best I can. Take care and keep strong, keep your chin up.
Thank you.It is hard to be optimistic.Around others i could easily show i'm strong when i'm actually depressed and exhausted by everything.

''Take a breath and enjoy the little things''

Don't forget to smile.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
how.we.operate. Offline
~Sing Me To Sleep~
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Nikki

Re: I don't want this - April 14th 2011, 07:23 PM

Hey hugs! I've been there done that where you honestly just want to lie in bed and just fall back asleep...how nothing is good and everything just sucks...and how you feel like no matter what it won't get better.

Reality is it does. The only thing is, it gets better if you try and if you let it. You can't just lie around thinking I hope it gets better, you have to pick yourself up and get out there and then things will get better.
Start hanging out with friends more often, give yourself something to do. One of my crazy professors told the class to have an "artist date" where you do something that you would never do--as in things like if you are not a fan of classical music, go find a concert to go to. I found that journalling and talking to friends really helped. If you haven't opened up to anyone, consider doing that. It really helps if you have someone to talk to and just to let things out to.
Also, talking to a counselor can help if that is something that you are willing to do. Their job is to help, so why not take their help?

When I was depressed, I would try not to feel and I had the mindset of "nothing is going to ever get better". I hit a low, but that made me realize how much I am missing out on. I started going out more, I started talking more, and I started being myself again. Life is so much better once you hit that realization that tells you to wake up from this.
Give yourself something to look forward to every day, whether it is coming home from school, putting a penny in a jar every day (at the end or beginning of the day), or something else. The only way for us to help you is to give you support. You are the only one that can actually help you, so we are here any time you need. I have a sticky that has a lot of music that you might be interested in, so check that out if you need some music to help you through things.
I hope that you find something good to look forward to! Also, if you ever need anyone to talk to, feel free to PM me!

Leave the past behind, just walk away
When it's over, and the heart break
And the cracks begin to show

*~*~This little girl was alone in the world~*~*
Hold Onto Hope

Closed Thread