TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
calgary01 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I don't know what this feeling is...? - April 14th 2011, 07:11 PM

it's not like i want to really go shoot myself in the head and kill myself. i don't really want to....but i really wouldnt care if I died...ya know? I've somehow lost focus in school work and work, and i don't see a point in anything really anymore. Ive started doing things that people classify as symptoms of depression...I really don't know what's going on with me. i used to be happy. now i want to do bad stuff and smoke weed and cut myself. i hate myself...
  Send a message via Skype™ to calgary01 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: I don't know what this feeling is...? - April 15th 2011, 12:53 PM

Hey there.

I am really sorry your going through a rough time right not. It sounds like things are really difficult for you so I want to remind you that it's not always going to be this way and that things can and will get better.

Are you getting any support for the way you're feeling and the things you're doing to help you cope (self harm,drugs etc). If not its something I really want to encourage you to do because people can help you. Admittedly the person who can help you the most is you, if you get help help you have to act on peoples advice and really make the effort and put in a hell of a lot of hard work, but they can help you get through this and support you when you need support the most. Here is a list of people who can help you. These people care about you want to help you and its okay for you to reach out to them.

Also here is a list of alternatives to self harm. I am not going to tell you that using these will solve everything because it won't. But it will hopefully help you learn to manage the urges to harm yourself and will help you cut down on self harming. Not every single one will help so its important you don't try one, it doesn't work and you give up on them all. There will be one for you which do help its just finding them.

Also you should try taking a look in the substance forum to get advice and support from other users on the site about using drugs etc. It can be extremely dangerous and cause serious harm to you.

I hope this helps.
Jessie.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

Closed Thread