TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
*ellyssa* Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

depression pills? - April 17th 2011, 03:40 PM

so ive had depression issues for a while now and its got to the point were i SH. my friend wants to bhelp me get better and has offered me some of her anti depresiant pills and i was wondering if i took them if they would help me or like have any negitive symtoms since they arent prescribed for me?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
lola jonson Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: lola

Re: depression pills? - April 17th 2011, 05:41 PM

its not good to take pills that are not perscribed to you. yeah, they could make you feel worse, any antidepressants could do that. it is really not a good idea for your friend either because those are her pills and she needs to have her perscribed dose. the best thing for you to do is to talk to your doctor about getting some antidepressants for yourself. maybe you could ask your friend to go to the doctor with you for support

We do not fear death, we fear that no one will notice our absence. That we will disappear without a trace.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
alone4good Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: paul ak seth or pAu1

Re: depression pills? - April 17th 2011, 06:04 PM

hi if you wont to chat im hear

why dose it hurt so much
  Send a message via Skype™ to alone4good 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
L'espoir Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jen

Re: depression pills? - April 17th 2011, 07:31 PM

Hey

It's never a good idea to take medication that isn't prescribed to you. Firstly, it's actually illegal (in the UK it is anyway, not sure about where you are!). Secondly,when people are first put on anti depressants they are monitered very closely for side effects etc. If you take your friends medication you will not be being monitered by a professional. I can't say whether you do or don't have depression but you may not actually have the condition in the first place, you may feel depressed but that doesn't mean you have the clinical condition of depression. Do you understand what I mean? If you think you are suffering from depression then I would really recommend you talked to your doctor about it. This way you can get some help and support for yourself and if you do need treatment for any condition then they can figure out a suitable plan of action. If you want to talk to someone about it, feel free to PM me as I suffer from depression myself. I hope this helps

PM // VM

Closed Thread