TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Friend :)
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Boo Boo

I cant cope with him being gone. - April 20th 2011, 02:13 AM

So i have known my boyfriend for 3 years. but we have only been together 3 weeks tomorrow. he was my bestfriend since day one. was there when i needed him and never gave up on me. but today he was sentenced 45 days in juvie for missin school.. im truly lost right now and im so depressed. i sat here thinking that 45 days isnt long but he wont get out til a few days after we have been together 2 months.. its really hitting me hard. i keep thinking i will get to tell him goodnight, an cant.. i know i will try and be as strong as i can but ive locked myself in my room an when i finally came out to try an cheer up i got depressed because he is in my mind no matter what.. so i came back into my room an seen the stuffed animal he gave me, i broke. i really dont know how to cope.. its not a SH thing. i figured that out a long time ago that hurting myself isnt the answer. Its been since december 23rd 2007 since i last cut or harmed myself. so im proud. but i just dont know how to cope with this.. its literally killing me.

i have bad depression as it is. i tend to lock myself away when im sad. but ive never locked myself away from my mom.. she has always helped me. but i dont wanna talk to her about this. when i do, i cry and its hard. knowing she went through the same thing wit my dad until she gave up.

but michael only has 45 days.. thats not long but it feels like it. every hour, minute, second seems alot longer and im dying on the inside.. HELP.. i need advice on how to cope..

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: I cant cope with him being gone. - April 20th 2011, 04:58 PM

Hi there,

I'm sorry this is happening to you. I know it must be hard to go through everyday wanting to see somebody you can't, somebody who you enjoy spending time with as well, but perhaps you could destract yourself with other things you enjoy doing. For example, if you like reading, read a book you love. Or if you enjoy writing, write something. The list could go on and on. I know it will be hard, and 45 days may seem like forever, but look at it this way: after those 45 days have passed, you can say to yourself 'alright, now I've done it. It's over. Now he's out and we can see eachother again'. If you keep yourself occupied, the time will pass quicker than if you hide away and let it get to you, believe me.

Oh, and well done for the stopping SH! I'm so proud of you, and it's a hell of a long time to have stopped for. You're strong and if you can go that long without doing something you once relied on, you can certainly go these next 45 days without feeling too withdrawn from him.

Take care always.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#3 (permalink)) Old
can dance if she wants to
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I cant cope with him being gone. - April 21st 2011, 12:45 AM

Please listen to what Hollie said, and remember:

He's probably missing you just as much!

Hey! You are my sunshine on a rainy day, it's gonna be okay.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Friend :)
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Boo Boo

Re: I cant cope with him being gone. - April 21st 2011, 11:37 PM

thanks so much.. this has made me smile for once.. and i never thought about reading or writing since i do love them things. i dont think i cld write tho. i love writing poems and the only time i can write is when im depressed and i really dont wanna be depressed anymore. i know im going to be but i dont wanna be depressed that much to write.. but reading is also something i love.. when i read i get so into them that its like im living that life.. so i will try and find a book that would cheer me up. and thanks so much. being free from SH is a huge step. that trip to the hospital tore me up. thinking im going to die is hard. but ive learned new things to do. i will cry. i love to cry, that seems like the only thing to get the hurt out. it hurts through crying but once it stops i feel so much better. but again thanks

Closed Thread