TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ashamed Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jason

Exclamation no relief from the stress or pain - April 20th 2011, 10:57 AM

My stress continues to grow...everything is adding up...exziled by family... nothing for stress relief... living at a christian homeless shelter while under so much stress... i try talking to people about my problems... all i hear is "pray"...praying doesnt help!!..my pills barely help at all...and being told by my mother that shes afraid to let me move in because im unpredictable due to my BI-POLAR... it hurts so much worse because of the fact that i am a mommas boy...i love my mom with every fiber of my being and being told by my mother that shes scared of me makes me feel like a monster. i sometimes hear her voice and everytime i do it puts a lump in my throat. im already collapsing under my stress and depression. i am on the brink of a total mental breakdown...my unexplainable depression is always creeping in the background....now,i am too afraid to have anything good in fear of losing it.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Obliviate Offline
Mother of Dragons
I've been here a while

Re: no relief from the stress or pain - April 25th 2011, 09:04 PM

I'm sorry you've had to wait so long for a reply to this.
You don't deserve to feel that way you do, dear. It must be pretty tough to deal with all of that :/
You can always find support here at TeenHelp no matter how you are feeling, so don't ever feel alone, okay?
I understand that it's tough to hear your Mum say that about you, but I am sure you aren't a monster. Try talking to her and telling her that you're trying to get better and need her support in order to do so.
You say that your meds aren't working? Have you tried going back to your doctor and talking to them about it? They may be able to change the drugs and dosage.
How long have you been on the meds? It can sometimes take a long time for you to feel any benefit from medication.
I hope this helps.. feel better <3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Yours Truly Offline
Ashley<3(:
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Ashley

Re: no relief from the stress or pain - April 28th 2011, 12:45 AM

I'm really sorry you have to be going through this. That is terrible, and I wish only the best for you.

I know how you feel, sometimes it just feels like theres absolutely nothing that can help.. Or that nothings working, Praying, pills, any of that.

I'm glad you've at least got somewhere to stay. But you're 17, you love your mom. I'm sure you've told her that.. Shes your mother, and she loves you too. It has to hurt, that shes scared of you..

Have you thought of going to family therapy? Ask her to come with you.

Are your meds helping the bi-polar? Are you on meds for it? Seeing a therapist? That could help you too, and once you've been on treatment for awhile, ask your mom to spend more time with you.. to see that its getting better, and she has nothing to be afraid of.

I really hope things start looking up for you, and like Rainbowskies said, you can always find support here on teenhelp. Feel free to message me anytime, if you need someone to talk to. <3

You are not a monster. You're a wonderful person, I'm sure. I've never met you but I know you're amazing. Everyone is, in their own way. Things will get better eventually. I know it doesnt seem like it now, but you can't stop believing. Don't give up.

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle." <3

Feel free to PM/VM me if you ever need someone to talk to, or just want someone to listen. I'm also always up for making new friends.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Porcelain Child Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Claire

Re: no relief from the stress or pain - April 28th 2011, 03:34 PM

That doesn't sound very good, i am sorry you are going through this.. Why is your mom scared of you? Have you got any professional help like a psych or a counsellor maybe you can talk to them about your meds not working and get them changed.. I agree with you that praying doesn't always work for everyone, it doesn't work for me, but maybe you can try and get a hobbie or something to keep you distracted..
  Send a message via MSN to Porcelain Child Send a message via Skype™ to Porcelain Child 
Closed Thread