TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Stuckinhell Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sammy

Lied to the councillor- Help... - April 21st 2011, 05:13 PM

So i'd been doing so well with my new councillor. Gradually revealling a few bits, and found i was learning to be able to talk to her.

She said she wanted to speak to the doctors and get me on anti-depressants. For some reason, i said i'd been on them before. I havent. I don't know why i said it, just kinda came out, because i wanted her to think i'd been sensible before and got help.

anyway, it's done. I told her that and I can't go abck on it,

BUT... she's written me a letter to the doctor to back up my request to go on the tablets- saying that 'she has been on them before and i feel she needs to go back on them'.

What do i do? i need to go on them, but now i'm too scared to show him the letter as he'll no i was lying...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Moyshi Offline
i am jack's smirking revenge
I've been here a while

Re: Lied to the councillor- Help... - April 22nd 2011, 02:04 AM

Hey Maia,
I just wanted to start this off by saying I think it's really great that you're feeling more comfortable with your new counsellor. It's important you have one you feel you can open up with and talk to.

I honestly think the best thing in this situation is to just tell the truth to your counsellor. Trust is a huge thing when it comes to relationships. Bring it up the next time you see her. She will question you about it, but that's probably all that's going to happen. I'm positive she will appreciate you coming forward and being honest with her.

I know going back and telling the truth probably terrifies you, but try to imagine her response. Is your counsellor really going to be that upset? Probably not. You made a mistake, and that's human.

I hope this post helped a bit!
Take care. :]

A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
abreacti0n Offline
Scars are Silent Screams
Average Joe

Name: Maria

Re: Lied to the councillor- Help... - April 22nd 2011, 04:49 PM

Hello Maia

Telling the truth to your counciller would be best ... I"m sure she'll understand, and she'll be even satisfied to know that your being honest with her, don't worry this will pass !

Tell me how it goes then or what you did !!

~ I am Lost Between Fighting and Giving Up ~

The light is always found at the end of a tunnel

Tumblr

PM / VM

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Fabrication Offline
This Time I'll Make You Proud.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Fallon

Re: Lied to the councillor- Help... - April 23rd 2011, 12:20 AM

Im sorry that you told her that you've been on them before. Some times we cant help what comes out of our mouths. The next time you see her, please just tell her that you made a mistake telling her that you've been on anti-depressants. I'm sure she will completely understand. I mean your seeing her for a reason. Try to be full on honest with her. One mistake wont make or brake your trust with her. Just please dont let it happen again.
I hope I could help you(:

"..And if you're perusing the social media networks, I urge you to keep your fucking opinions to yourself. If you're going ruin someone's day, ruin your own."
- Bert McCracken

Closed Thread