TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DOTARD94 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sarah

Exclamation I'm Empty Sometimes - April 21st 2011, 08:11 PM

I've never really been that emotional. Usually only anger or sadness affect me, and thats rare. I feel disconnected from everything, like I'm watching my life from somewhere on the outside. I never manage to be excited for anything, but I know it's normal to be so I try. I smile when I'm supposed to and look upset when someone gets hurt or dies. But I don't feel any of it. Once in a while A surge of hurt hits me and I'll just cry for hours. Then I stop and its like it never even happened. I've tried to kill myself twice, once with overdose and once with slicing my wrist. Its not that I want to die, I'm just tired of feeling alive. Theres so much more but i wont write a book. I just don't know what to do. I've been faking it for years, hoping that maybe oneday I'll feel it for real, but I' havnt yet and I'm sick of being empty. I know I'm not the only one who is like this, I just want to know how others deal with it and what I should do.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Blair Offline
<3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Blair

Re: I'm Empty Sometimes - April 21st 2011, 08:19 PM

Hey honey, i'm not a shrink or a doctor but I think it'd help if you could figure out when you got this way. Have you always been numb? Also, do emotions scare you? Try asking yourself why it is you don't get attatched to life. Also numbness can be a form of depression so talking to a therapist wouldn't be a bad idea. If you ever got anything on your mind and need someone to talk to you can pm me whenever. Goodluck

Just Keep Breathing

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: I'm Empty Sometimes - April 21st 2011, 08:19 PM

Hey there.

I'm so sorry you're feeling this way, I know it can be horrible to have to feel like you're not a part of your own life like you described. If you're feeling like this, I encourage you to tell someone. No-one should suffer in silence, and the sooner you tell someone, the sooner you can get better, and know what it's like to be happy.

If a family member already knows, try to get them to take you to a professional, as they will be able to help you on your way to a mend much quicker. Things can get better, believe me. I know it may seem hard to believe with the way you're feeling, but so many people can relate to this, and many of the people who ever have done, will tell you that things will get better one day.

If you ever need anyone to talk to, you can always PM me. I'm happy to listen or help in whatever way I can, so don't feel like you're bugging me or anything. I hope I've helped you a bit, and I hope you start feeling better soon. Take care always.

- Hollie.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Sarahh9 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Sarah

Re: I'm Empty Sometimes - April 22nd 2011, 03:14 AM

Numb is exactly how I feel a lot of days. Nothing hurts, nothing feels good. Its like I cant see out of my eyes. Some days I look in the mirror and have panic attacks becasue I dont recognize the person I see.

I would suggest trying to talk to someone, but I know how scary that is. Im terrified to ask for help. Maybe youre braver than me, I hope you are. Talking to a professional would be a good idea, but I would recommend trying to stay off antidepressants- theyll just make you feel more disconected from your body.

Im here if you ever want to talk. I dont bite :P

Closed Thread