TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
pologirl Offline
Not a n00b

How long? - April 22nd 2011, 03:41 AM

Does it ever stop? It's been so long of haring myself and cutting- I just want it to end.

Peace...Love.....Swim & Polo!!!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: How long? - April 22nd 2011, 10:48 AM

Hey there.

I'm sorry you're feeling like this, and I'm glad you're asking for some help with it, that is one step to getting better. In answer to your question, it does stop, really it does. Things will get better for you. You need to start that though. I think you should ask for some help. Talk to a parent, or trusted adult, and try to see a doctor. Your best bet of getting better is wanting it, and asking for it. Let people in and let them help you, it will work.

If you want to stop the SH, you should try some alternatives. Of course, not all of them are going to work for you, but a few are bound to, you just need to try them until you find the ones that help. http://www.teenhelp.org/alternatives

I hope you feel better soon, and know you can PM me if you ever need some help. I'm happy to help you in whatever way I can. I hope I helped you a bit here. Take care and hang in there, things can and will get better one day.

- Hollie.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: How long? - April 22nd 2011, 04:10 PM

Hey there.

I am really sorry that you are feeling this way.

Depression is manageable and even more important its curable. With the right medication and therapy and even just time, things can get better and you can start to feel better. No, it's not going to happen over night and it takes different amounts of time for every person out there. From a few weeks, to a few years. But its all about the journey because you will learn so much and become a happier person along the way.

So don't give up. Don't let it beat you because somewhere deep down you have the strength to beat it. And you can do this and get to the other side. I know it's hard right now and a lot of the time it feels like its always going to be this way but it wont be. Things will change and you can do this.

Stay strong.
Jessie.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#4 (permalink)) Old
abreacti0n Offline
Scars are Silent Screams
Average Joe

Name: Maria

Re: How long? - April 22nd 2011, 04:35 PM

Hellooo

I'm so sorry ur passing through this

There is one thing I'm sure of ... that no matter what problem it is .. it will pass ! I promise ! The light is always found at the end of a tunnel

Stay Strong xxx

~ I am Lost Between Fighting and Giving Up ~

The light is always found at the end of a tunnel

Tumblr

PM / VM

(#5 (permalink)) Old
how.we.operate. Offline
~Sing Me To Sleep~
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Nikki

Re: How long? - April 22nd 2011, 09:37 PM

Hey hugs
I was in the same boat as you are. I was terribly depressed and I was SHing. Life sucked and you thought about one day you will be happy, but when would that be.
Truth is it depends on person to person and your situation.
For me, it took a while to sort things out as in more than a few years. I didn't tell anyone for a while, but it got worse. Once I started opening up to close friends, I started to gain the support that I needed. It took a while to recover, but it took strength to heal and to stop SHing.

Do have hope that you can be happy and stop SHing. My advice would be to give yourself something to smile at, even if it is silly. For example, you can take a jar and fill it with a quarter or something else at the end/beginning of every day until you fill that jar (then it is up to you what happens with it). Open up to a friend or a counselor if you haven't already, this will really help because you have someone to talk to that has the ability to talk back and give you help. Find some way to vent instead of SHing yourself-for example you can do things like go on a run/walk, blast music, journal, talk to someone (doesn't have to be about SHing), or more.

I hope you see that you can be happy and that you always have support. Feel free to PM anytime

Leave the past behind, just walk away
When it's over, and the heart break
And the cracks begin to show

*~*~This little girl was alone in the world~*~*
Hold Onto Hope

(#6 (permalink)) Old
pologirl Offline
Not a n00b

Re: How long? - April 23rd 2011, 12:43 AM

Thamks for all your support and comments. From this I feel a tad bit more hopeful that things can get better but idk, I feel like sometimes it never will.

Peace...Love.....Swim & Polo!!!

Closed Thread