TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Quarter Offline
Average Joe

Unhappy Lost... - April 25th 2011, 01:16 AM

For a few month now, I have been talking about my problems on TH. But now, I seriously do not know what to do. First problem was me not feeling an acceptance into a defined group. 2nd problem was my crush who indirectly rejected me by dating another guy (even though I know she knows about my feelings for her) and then, the aftermath is depression. And now, its even worse because my previous problems are resurfacing. I try to be happy, but I can't. Its becoming a vicious cycle: 1. I feel like a lost soul, 2. Depression sets in, 3. I isolate myself because of my depression 4.then feel more lost with no salvation. I feel only pain and loneliness, I do not know what to do at this point. I am not at the point of suicide nor am I considering it but I am suffering in this dark world and I need external help before it comes to suicide. My friends support me, but I still feel lost, nowhere to go. I can't live like this. Sorry if this seems like a whole clump of useless text, but I need advice.

Thank you in advance, Ivegon

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Obliviate Offline
Mother of Dragons
I've been here a while

Re: Lost... - April 25th 2011, 09:19 PM

Hey there Ivegon!
I can relate to you when you say everything is a vicious cycle! You got that right.
The key to it, is breaking the cycle. Sometimes we need help to do that..
When bad things happen it feels like the end of the world, I know.. but pushing on and putting things in perspective helps sometimes.
Could you talk to any family members about how you're feeling? You don't have to go through this alone
Sometimes friends won't understand how to help and so it's best to approach an adult in my opinion. If the feelings persist for a long time, say 6 months, seeing a doctor might help
<3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Quarter Offline
Average Joe

Re: Lost... - April 26th 2011, 02:44 AM

I have had trust issues for all my life for various reasons. So, that's why I talk about it via TH. And talking about it with an adult, especially my parents this will only add stress in various ways.I will not put my burden on the shoulders of another soul. I just cannot. So, I am stuck between the lost and the confused .Also, breaking the cycle is something that is hard to do. Sometimes, I kinda like being alone in this world, to be able to not be influenced or hurt my other people's judgment. But, at times, it may take a tole on my soul which hurts me the most.

Closed Thread