TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
fedup99 Offline
fedup99
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Adam

Scared Out Of My Mind - April 25th 2011, 04:52 AM

I am slightly scared over the fact that I keep thinking about suicide. I have been diagnosed with depression many times, and have been taking medication, but ever since I lost the love of my pitiful life, I just can't stand anything. I have a therapist, but I don't know how to approach my parents with my problem. I mean, they don't even think I'm an adolecent yet. They dont know I have a broken heart. And even now, at my computer, I can look up and see the bottle of various medcations waiting to be abused if I go off the edge. I have become detached, anger, and everyone at my school thinks I'm gothic. I don't talk anymore, and the notice. I just wish that this would mean something. And whats worse, my relgion doesn't talk very well about suicide. Suicide = face on god. I know people say its a permanate soultion for a temperary problem, but I don't know if my problems are temperary. Did I mention I started cutting?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Don'tLet'sStart Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Scared Out Of My Mind - April 25th 2011, 07:35 AM

In due time your heart will heal, and you will find someone else. You never want to allow another person to have such an impact on your life. You need to come to understand with yourself that things have happened, and you must move on with your life.

Your issues are indeed temporary, these feelings will pass. Suicide is not a solution, it never is. It only makes things worse.Hang in there my friend , tomorrow holds a new day, and soon enough you will meet someone else who will make you smile.

When you have feelings like these let your therapist know, and let your therapist know about your cutting issue. Cutting is nothing to be ashamed of, it is a defense mechanism to ease emotional pain.

But you need to try to find a new way to ease your hearts emotions.
  Send a message via Yahoo to Don'tLet'sStart  
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
ZoeyElaine Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Scared Out Of My Mind - April 25th 2011, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedup99 View Post
I am slightly scared over the fact that I keep thinking about suicide. I have been diagnosed with depression many times, and have been taking medication, but ever since I lost the love of my pitiful life, I just can't stand anything. I have a therapist, but I don't know how to approach my parents with my problem. I mean, they don't even think I'm an adolecent yet. They dont know I have a broken heart. And even now, at my computer, I can look up and see the bottle of various medcations waiting to be abused if I go off the edge. I have become detached, anger, and everyone at my school thinks I'm gothic. I don't talk anymore, and the notice. I just wish that this would mean something. And whats worse, my relgion doesn't talk very well about suicide. Suicide = face on god. I know people say its a permanate soultion for a temperary problem, but I don't know if my problems are temperary. Did I mention I started cutting?
Hey there(:
I first have to say that I am also 13 and am going through some problems as well. I totally understand what you are going through and here's something to listen to.

If you're afraid to tell your parents, that's a problem and that is something that should be taken care of. I don't tell my parents anything either. And that's okay. But you have to find someone to confide in to. If you don't, There are people here who you can confide in to.
I take pills as well to cope with the pain. If you have lots of pills to help with your depression, and it doesn't help, then maybe you need some stronger medication so that way it can help you. I'm sure that you are a bright, handsome boy. And I'm sure that there are people out there that care about you. I have had those feelings before all the time when I feel depressed. It will be okay(: It is true when people say that it's a permanant solution to a temporary problem. Wise people created that saying to tell people that it will turn out okay, because there will be someone out there to help you out in numerous amount of ways(:
I care. I wouldn't be taking time out of my day to say this if I didn't.
Please live a long and happy life. You deserve it. Everyone does.
God bless you(:

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread