TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Freakshow Offline
Average Joe

Unhappy Wow. I am super pathetic. - April 26th 2011, 06:07 AM

Really, I think I'm pathetic. I complain about stupid problems all the time and then get upset when less-than-ideal things keep on happening to me (which is pretty frequent). I don't think I've made things better for anyone; when people say "you can talk to me" I probably just end up annoying them because that's just how pathetic I am. I'm so pathetic I don't even have a best friend (which has been that way for a while since my friends all changed and I moved frequently throughout my life). Then as a result of this lack of friends, I turn to the Internet to reach out and instead end up doing something completely stupid and humiliating and hurt someone else in the process.

The IQ and standardized tests may all indicate that I'm smart. I may be an A student. But when it comes to being savvy about life, as well as enjoying it, I get a big fat F. And for this huge test called life, there's no teacher I can ask for help and no textbook to study from. So I just end up floundering and going nowhere in general.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: Wow. I am super pathetic. - April 26th 2011, 10:04 AM

Hey there.

You are not pathetic. People in general, and life itself will never be perfect. If there is one impossibility, it is that nothing is perfect. No-one expects you to do tihngs perfectly, and so you shouldn't worry about the way your life goes and how you complain. Everyone does it at some point, some more than others. People can get annoyed by it, but you're within your own rights to complain just as much as you like. If you want to talk to me, it take an awful lot for me to get annoyed here, so honestly, don't worry at all about annoying me, PM away.

I know life is hard, and often it feels like everything you do is failure, but yet again I refer you back to the fact no-one is perfect. Life is full of struggle, and we can all expect some. It comes in many different forms, but everyone will experience some kind of lifely struggle during their time in the world. Whatever it is is not worth you being upset over though. Life is precious, and you should spend your time with it happy, and not worrying about how well you're doing at it. If you've done nothing wrong, don't feel like you have. If you're living a good. healthy life, then you're getting one great big A.

Since you move around a lot, I can understand it will be hard for you to make best friends. What you have to remember is that if you go looking for best friends, you're bound to be let down. A best friend is more than a friend. You can go somewhere with the aim to make a friend, for example a club, but would you go there to make a best friend? Best friends are people you trust, love, and who do the same to you in return. Looking for people like that will leave to heartbreak. You have to let a best friend find you. Just keep making friends, and go out with them while you can. Get close to people, and if a best friend comes of that, then partaaay! The bottom line is, it doesn't make you pathetic to not have a best friend. Just live life, and if one comes along, then that's great!

Remember you can PM me at anytime. Like I said, I will not get annoyed at all with you. It's okay to feel down sometimes, but you gotta get right back up as to not be there too long. Life passes us quickly, and if we're upset, we're wasting it. Talk to people, laugh, love, live. One day you'll be glad you did.

Keep smiling.
- Hollie.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#3 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: Wow. I am super pathetic. - April 26th 2011, 06:02 PM

You are pathetic. I am too. Everyone is "Pathetic" in their own way.
By talking to someone is an inconviencinece, you're wasting there time. Yet they would have never offered their time if they didn't want it wasted. You could consider being obliviously happy pathetic, being sad could be seen as pathetic.

The thing about life is that there is no failing it. s'long as you don't end up in jail I would consider it a victory. I reckon even if you end up in jail you've still passed the test. You've achieved something at least. Even failure menas you tried. Suicide means you didn't even show up the the test. That's the problem with being good in school, if you don't suceed in everything, it means you've failed. It really doesn't though. Failure is not possible. There is simply no such thing as true failure. Failure means you did wrong, bad, poorly. It means you aren't suceeding, however through every failure you learn something more, to avoid a similair failure later, meaning you are still making progress.

Life is not a pass/fail test. No boss would fire you because you just aren't getting A+. If you're doing your job to even an average C standard, you're still suceeding.
Sucess means something different to everyone, what does it mean to YOU.

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic

Closed Thread