TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
liiindsey Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy I'm sick of feeling like this! - April 26th 2011, 10:05 PM

I've never actually been diagnosed or whatever with depression But I know I am, I went to a therapist over the summer fora few months.. It helped I suppose but I don't go anymore. I don't really want to go back.
I'm 15 years old and I have my whole life ahead of me, so many opportunities but I'm stuck with this thing that makes me sad, ugly, angry, annoyed, hopeless, exhausted and a whole bunch of other things.
I'm not that way all the time though... There are short periods where I am happy and I think 'Life really is great..' I am positive and I can't get enoughof life. But sooner or later this depression comes backhand drags me down...
All I can think about is how I'm wasting my life away. I feel like I should be doing something. And I'm scared that I'm becoming something I hate. I think about my future and how hopeless it seems. And most of the adults aroundme are negative and grumpy and I don't want to become that because if I do I won't be able to change and I'll be stuck that way.
All of the other people in my year at school seem so happy and full of life. I look at the other girls and they seem so content and happy and beautiful. Why can't i be like that?? What is it that sets me apart...?
I feel ugly and I feel like everything I do is completely pointless and nothing I do is right. I feel fat and ugly and I feel like I'm failing myself. I have no energy I can't even talk to anyone anymore... Im tired no exhausted from feeling like this and my energy is drained because of my mood going up and down so drastically and unpredictably. I need to change for myself and the people around me. Sometimes I feel like I'm losing myself... I need this thing to just go away!!

Last edited by liiindsey; April 26th 2011 at 11:30 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
brokensmilexx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Sara

Re: I'm sick of feeling like this! - April 27th 2011, 02:03 AM

I know how you feel, I'm similar in a lot of ways.
The worst part is when you feel like life is great and then you get pulled back into that depressive state where you feel worthless.
I'm sorry I don't really know any ways to make it go away, I wish I did.
But trying to talk to people, or hanging out with friends/family can distract your mind for a bit and make you feel a little better..it works for me until I'm by myself.
If you ever want to talk, you can send me a message.
Sorry I'm not much help hah.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
liiindsey Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm sick of feeling like this! - April 27th 2011, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokensmilexx View Post
I know how you feel, I'm similar in a lot of ways.
The worst part is when you feel like life is great and then you get pulled back into that depressive state where you feel worthless.
I'm sorry I don't really know any ways to make it go away, I wish I did.
But trying to talk to people, or hanging out with friends/family can distract your mind for a bit and make you feel a little better..it works for me until I'm by myself.
If you ever want to talk, you can send me a message.
Sorry I'm not much help hah.
Thank you. I think being with friends/family would help a lot.. Or at least temporarily. I beginning to think that this is hormonal, like an imbalance or something. I dont know... But this is even worse than being depressed all the time, I never know how I'll feel one minute to the next.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
NorielM Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Noriel Meynard

Re: I'm sick of feeling like this! - April 27th 2011, 07:27 AM

You're so pessimistic. You should change that attitude because that will give you nothing. Be confident of who you are. You don't need to feel ugly just because someone told you. Look at the mirror and you'll find that God has created a beautiful person in you.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
liiindsey Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm sick of feeling like this! - April 28th 2011, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorielM View Post
You're so pessimistic. You should change that attitude because that will give you nothing. Be confident of who you are. You don't need to feel ugly just because someone told you. Look at the mirror and you'll find that God has created a beautiful person in you.
Thank you. I know I am trying to change my attitude, i know that is a huge part of my problem, and it's hard to change it because I've always been that way.. But yeah, I think you're right, it's time for a change..

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Mandiie.Love Offline
Nature... ♥
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Mandiie McFarland

Re: I'm sick of feeling like this! - April 28th 2011, 03:38 PM

I didn't really read the other comments, so I'm just going to give my honest opinion so it's not based off of others. I feel the same way almost every day, and I have many many reasons to be happy. The way I get through it, is to remind myself of the good things in my life. It's extremely hard for me to do, but I also make sure that I don't let myself be alone when I'm feeling this way, or my ways of coping will come out, and I'm trying to stop that. If you need anyone to talk to that will honestly listen/read and try to give you advice at ANY time, you can send me a PM or VM. And when I get ungrounded, if it's really needed, you can call me. I can't give away my number right now, but yeah.

PM or VM me at anytime. I check it every day. <3

~Welcome to Mandiie land. Where everything is a tad bit crazy, but she loves to help you. <3 Trust me, no matter what, judging is a word that isn't in my vocabulary. <3

Kiss me, lovely

Then walk away
Hug me tightly, beautiful
Then leave me.
:]

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Noah Zomby Offline
<3
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Noah Mohandas Tanner

Re: I'm sick of feeling like this! - April 28th 2011, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liiindsey View Post
Thank you. I know I am trying to change my attitude, i know that is a huge part of my problem, and it's hard to change it because I've always been that way.. But yeah, I think you're right, it's time for a change..

Changing a mindset you've had almost all your life is hard. Very hard. But it can be done. You do have a chance. You just have to be incredibly persistent about it. Don't ever let yourself forget about making yourself better. Whenever you see this kind of pessimistic attitude start to come out of you, see it, and stop it.

You can beat this and I hope you do. <3

Risk something, take back what's yours.
Say something that you know they might attack you for.
Cause I'm sick of being treated like I have before.
Like it's stupid standing for, what I'm standing for.

When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die.

Your voice is your own, I can't protect it.

You'll have to sing.
A verse no one has ever, known.
Don't be afraid.
Cause no one ever sings, alone.
Love all.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
survivor16 Offline
Like a skyscraper. <3
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Shelby

Re: I'm sick of feeling like this! - April 28th 2011, 08:47 PM

I feel the SAME way as you, girl. You are NOT alone. I'm 15 also and it's just crazy! We can do this though.

Closed Thread