TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Neon Offline
<3
Welcome me, I'm new!

Suicidal thoughts... more than usual - April 29th 2011, 11:16 PM

I've experienced suicidal thoughts, like everyone, but lately its been almost scaring me...I've been alone a lot more since I graduated...Virtually all of my friends have moved away to college. I haven't 'hung out' with anyone socially in probably 4-5 months. I dread every day because of the loneliness, I can't wait to get to bed, or to sleep in...I've been sleeping around 12-13 hours a day lately...

I've been thinking HOW I'm going to kill myself, instead of WHY lately, which I've heard is a bad warning sign...

I've been thinking of how much of a burden I've been to my family, contributing nothing to others, as well as squandering own life.

I've read the book The Road a year ago which really helped me understand 'suicide', and helped me overcome a lot of stuff...but lately even that hasn't helped.

I know I know, "Things will turn around", they always do, but 'how much' and 'when' is the problem...It's so tough going through each day, I just want to fall asleep and not wake up.

I know its a 'selfish' thing to do, that's the main reason why I haven't done it already...but I can basically say I don't have a single friend... my parents work all day while I sit there at home day in and day out...they already see me about an hour a day, I doubt an hour less will make that big of a difference...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
brokensmilexx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Sara

Re: Suicidal thoughts... more than usual - April 29th 2011, 11:56 PM

It's good that part of you is telling you it isn't right to kill yourself.
There's millions of reasons not to do it, and yes things will turn around heh it might take a while, but the first step is trying to get yourself out there or finding a hobbie I think.
Try and stay positive and things will look brighter (: Keep yourself busy by doing stuff, go anywhere you feel like..even walks can help.
And it may not feel like anyone cares but there are tons of people out there that do. I do! All your family and friends, even if you no longer talk, do.
There's a reason for life, other wise it wouldn't be so damn hard
Hopefully I kind of helped, if you ever wanna talk feel free to message me

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Neon Offline
<3
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Suicidal thoughts... more than usual - April 30th 2011, 01:41 AM

Thanks for the reply, it does mean a lot...

Its hard to stay positive when there's so much pain...anytime I'm alone with my thoughts, even for five minutes, I start feeling it...and that's all day, every day at this point... The time I'm feeling like that is severely outweighing the time I'm not...why even bother living if most of my life is pain...

I hate to 'complain' and burden other people with thoughts like this... nothing even makes me happy anymore...I hate to say it but there isn't a single redeeming quality to my life....I'm only alive because I don't want to cause my family members pain...

(#4 (permalink)) Old
brokensmilexx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Sara

Re: Suicidal thoughts... more than usual - April 30th 2011, 01:59 AM

I can relate to what your saying, I get like that sometimes.
You may think there's nothing to live for right now, but there is. You have a whole life ahead of you, your going to meet new people, go different place, experience so much. There's rough patches right now but you just have to keep going through it for a bit!
YOU are important
It may not feel like it at times but you are.
What do you like doing in your spare time? Keep yourself busy and your mind won't wander to that place as much

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Porcelain Child Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Claire

Re: Suicidal thoughts... more than usual - April 30th 2011, 11:22 PM

It is good you came here and told us how you feel..
Can you ask for help from someone who is close to you or anyone professional?
Keep yourself distracted and busy and keep fighting..
  Send a message via MSN to Porcelain Child Send a message via Skype™ to Porcelain Child 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
**Theresa** Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Suicidal thoughts... more than usual - May 1st 2011, 01:38 AM

is there a main reason why your in sooo much pain because if your able to slove that promble then you would be able to slove this one also

(#7 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: Suicidal thoughts... more than usual - May 1st 2011, 07:12 PM

Suicide is tough, but I can't understand why you want to commit it?
You mentioned feeling lonely, and friendless, but I can't see that driving someone to suicide. You mentioned that you don't see your parents often, is that a source of anger for you?

Do you have a job? Have you been bullied at school or in the workplace? Are you still being bullied? There must be some emotional problems for you to feel this way. Professionals could help sort this out. They could help you feel more energized, and make friend easier.

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic

Closed Thread