TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
VampirePrincess Offline
Ice Princess
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Crystal

Failing a Class Twice in a Row...Please Help.... - May 1st 2011, 10:43 PM

So I posted on here recently, about something else...but something just happened, something 5 million times worse. More than 5 million. It's awful.

I took a class last semester that I found to be extremely difficult. I failed it, despite giving 110% effort. My parents were very angry at me - I can't even stress just how mad they were at me, they told me they wanted to kick me out of the house (I would be homeless if they did, I'm completely broke and have no family or friends living closer than 2000 miles away). I persuaded them to just let me retake the class next semester and I would do better, they shouldn't kick me out just yet. They agreed.

I'm taking the class again this semester. Our finals are next week. I'm doing worse than I did last semester. Nothing makes sense to me. The teacher is my friend so he's tutoring me in the subject for free. The tests are open notes. I'm putting myself out there and getting help to perform well. And I just found out, that even if I score over 100% on my final exam, I can't raise my grade to above a D - and I need at least a C as a requirement for my major. I can't do it. I can't learn this material, it makes no sense to me...I'll be taking this class three times now and probably still won't understand it....I feel stupid....I feel like a failure, because I know I am a failure....and worse yet, my parents are definitely going to kick me out....they'll be mad at me....they'll yell at me.....it's not their money, it's all mine, that I earn....I have no money because every penny I earn goes to my education....and they still yell at me.....my life....is going to end.....I won't have a place to live....I'll have to drop out of school.......

I just feel so depressed over this....I asked about extra credit....but there is none....last time....the teacher gave me a D when he should have given me an F so my record wasn't completely destroyed...but that was completely above and beyond....I won't ask him to do it again, and I know he wouldn't do it from a D to a C, because that's still passing....unless I get a 69%.....but I won't....the most I can hope for is 63%.....what do I do....I can't live through this.....my parents are going to be so mad.....goodbye computer....goodbye cell phone....goodbye video games....hello glass room that they put me in so they can spy on me and watch my every move....goodbye car keys, they'll go back to driving me everywhere....or they'll just kick me out...leave me to fend for myself....because they're ashamed to have a daughter that cant keep a 2.7 GPA for the scholarship....the one that I lost last year....they're mad about the giant increase on their insurance that will happen when my grades go down....

Please help me....I need to get a C....my life is going to end......

{{sending PINTEREST invites! just ask!}}

Volume of a Doughnut
V = 2(pi)^2 * R(r)^2

(#2 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: Failing a Class Twice in a Row...Please Help.... - May 2nd 2011, 12:26 AM

You life will not end. It simply won't. You can live through this, it's a simple course that's diffucult, hardly something new. Stop saying that to yourself, it won't help.

Anyway, failing a class does not make you a failure. It really doesn't. However your parent's have pushed you into a situation that means if you fail a course you've failed life.
Hell I can score a 76% on a test and be told I'm a "Failure" however I know I tried and I know I learned alot.
In math this year I'm only getting 78% as a total so far, but it's too hard. All I need to pass it to get out of highschool, higher than 50% is a pass, so who cares.
Some people just can't logically think certain ways, that doesn't make you any less of a person.

You parent's are "Super parents" who push their kids and tell them they'll suceed to the point where you finally do get to something that's too hard to suceed at, and you simply cannot accept that you can't. You've been told forever that if you set your mind to it, it can be done. Yet you must realize sometimes it cannot. Keep trying and simply try harder. Cut out internet, cell phone, TV, everything but schoolwork to pass this bloody course. You CAN do it. I know that you can, you might not do great, but you sure as hell can pass the stupid course.

Talking to your professor and explaining the situation you are in would be useful. Possibly a meet up wtih you, your Prof and your parents. He could explain why you aren't getting it, and what you can improve next time. He will explain it to them and they'll understand.

You screwed up really badly, you didn't try hard enough, and the material is frickin' near impossible. But you cannot give up, not on life and not on your course. No one can deny you acess to the course, and I could be damn sure you could do it eventually. Here's what I would recomend doing in order:
1. Contact professor, beg for help or tutoring or some form of help, it's his job.
2. If step 1 fails, ask him to meet with your parents, explain to him prior the situation. He will persuade them about how the course is diffucult, and how you could do better next time.
3. ???
4. Profit!

Professors and teachers are there to help you learn. And they really aren't bad people. Talk to your prof and it'll be fine.

I sincerly wish you the best of luck with this whole situation. PM me to chat if you feel so inclined.

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic

Closed Thread