TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
Outside, huh?

Name: Harrison (or Harri)

Can't carry on - May 2nd 2011, 03:22 PM

I feel so empty. I don't see the point in living any longer. I don't see why I should live this half life. I do fuck all, I sit on my own and I can't get anything done. I'm going back to school tomorrow and I don't know how I'm gonna get out of bed in the morning. It's been getting harder and harder to get up. I don't know what I'm going to do. I don't know how I can carry on like this.

Join the Skeleton Clique on TH
Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!

Don't trust a perfect person and don't trust a song that's flawless.
RIP Granddad Terry. I'll miss you.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sabah

Re: Can't carry on - May 2nd 2011, 09:12 PM

Hey there swwet <3 I know exactly how you feel. im going back to school tmro and i can';t stick it. I just wanna sleep and not wake up. I want to just lay in my bed forget everything and just be on my own. But the thing is we can't do that. What we've gotta remember is that we have to carry on, keep going, if not for anyone else then atleast for ourselves.
Life is so beautiful if we take away all the bad crap and we miss out on it alot because we don't see the beautiful positive sides of it like nature and innocent little children and kittens and tweeting birdies (im so hitting off on a tnagent here lol) but we have to look for the better things in life. If we don't its only us missing out, you know?
Take each day as it comes, and they'll start to get better. I promise.
<3 xxx

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Can't carry on - May 2nd 2011, 09:20 PM

Hey lovely.

It hurts me so much to see you posting these threads because I know you are in a hell of a lot of pain right now and I honestly wish I could just take it all away from you and make you feel even just a little bit better because you really don't deserve to go through this.

I don't know if you are but I was wondering if you're in treatment? Are you getting therapy or are you on medication etc? If not then I really want to encourage you to take that step and ask for help. You can see your doctor about going in to counseling and about medication. You could even see your school counselor/nurse and just have them in your support network. All of these people care for you and just want to help you and give you the support you deserve. I know its scary but its okay to let people in.

I know things are hard for you right now but they can and will get better. It's not always going to be this way. I know you're in a dark place right now and its hard to get through each day but you can get out of this darkness and you can go on to live your life and to be happy. You really can.

Just believe.
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
Outside, huh?

Re: Can't carry on - May 3rd 2011, 06:09 AM

I'm gonna try and see my school counselor today, but I don't know if I'll get through the doors or not. I'm scared they won't see me because I haven't been referred by an adult.

Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Can't carry on - May 3rd 2011, 05:13 PM

Hi sweet, did you manage to see the counsellor? How was your day at school?? <3

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
Outside, huh?

Re: Can't carry on - May 3rd 2011, 05:20 PM

Ugh, Well.
Since you're asking, my day was pretty bad. Not the worst, I didn't cry in front of anyone. But I felt pretty much empty the whole day and I barely got any work done. And then turns out I couldn't make an appointment today, I have to try again tomorrow because it was shut today.Which puts back the actual seeing the counselor till I don't know when because I'm getting scared they won't see me on the same day. I mean, one counselor, 2000 kids. They're probably fully booked, since they're only on three days a week.

Thanks for asking. It cheers me up to see people comment on here and ask me how I am.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Can't carry on - May 3rd 2011, 05:34 PM

It's okay sweet. No need to thank me its wat im here for <3

True you may have to wait a while before you see the counsellor but think about it this way, if you get the initial appointment making part over and done with its less bridges to cross after that. Take it day by day sweet and you will overcome this. Stay strong <3 xx

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
Outside, huh?

Re: Can't carry on - May 3rd 2011, 06:06 PM

Thanks.
(See, there I go again. I can't help it.)
I almost wish I'd stayed in counseling when I was getting it three years ago, but I just lied to the counselor so it was pointless.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Can't carry on - May 3rd 2011, 08:31 PM

Aw it doesn't matter. Maybe you just weren't ready for it then. Which is entirely normal. Instead of waiting for school to be able to give you an apt to see their counsellors why don't go to the doctors and ask him to refer you for counselling?
That might be a little quicker and probably a lot more confidential than school :/

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
Outside, huh?

Re: Can't carry on - May 3rd 2011, 08:32 PM

I'd need my mum to take me to the doctors, and I can't tell her.
I will if the school don't sort something out soon.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Can't carry on - May 3rd 2011, 08:51 PM

Really? i went to the docs when i was 15 on my own. No-one knew and no-one got told either. And the place i got referred didn't have to tell my parents either. till today no-one knows i go for counselling and it's been over 2 years. Maybe it works different where you live :/

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
Outside, huh?

Re: Can't carry on - May 4th 2011, 06:28 AM

No, it's just I can't physically get there on my own.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Can't carry on - May 4th 2011, 04:25 PM

Oh right lol I see

Well then i gues you'll just have to wait until school can get you an appointment. Don't worry though, you'll be okay. You just have to stay strong and hold on <3 xx

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
Outside, huh?

Re: Can't carry on - May 4th 2011, 05:41 PM

I saw him in the drop in today but I have to wait now until the school can be bothered to get me a regular appointment. But I saw him.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Can't carry on - May 6th 2011, 03:01 PM

Hey there sorry i haven't been on in a couple of days.. The webpage wasn't working for some reason.
congratulations! im really happy for you. At least you got to see him, that's a huge step from not seeing him at all. How did it go?
<3

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
Outside, huh?

Re: Can't carry on - May 6th 2011, 04:48 PM

It was alright. I was completely shaking and I couldn't speak. I wrote some stuff down.
He doesn't know the extent of everything, but I got a referral from my head of year today for regular sessions, so I can bring stuff up as I need to.

Although, at the moment he just thinks I'm too stressed..

(#17 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Can't carry on - May 6th 2011, 06:17 PM

That's good! As you have more regular sessions you can learn to trust him, take your time and disclose things that you need to deal with. Does he really think you're too stressed? It may just be coz he doesn't know you well enough just yet and so just kinda put it down to that :/
The best thing to do is just take it easy and hopefully soon you'll develop a good relationship with him and manage to sort things out.
The best of luck Hope it all goes well for you, and let me know how it goes
<3 xxx

Closed Thread