TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Just a nobody Offline
Lonely.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Guess?

About Getting Help. - May 7th 2011, 01:03 AM

Hey y'all. I know that I formally left awhile ago, but I'm back just to post this. I suppose I thought maybe if it would help at least one person... I'm not even sure where to post this, so if this is in the wrong location, please move it to the proper place. Thank you.

Anyways! So, recently, I spent seventeen days in an inpatient psychiatric hospital. I was in the same position as a lot of people here, with the whole "getting help isn't worth it" or "I don't think I can do it." I said the same things night after night, and look at where it's gotten me. So, I was about to call it quits. I had everything I needed right in front of me. You know what I did instead? I called a hotline, and the lady threatened to call the cops if I didn't tell my dad what I wanted to do. So. Worst situation that I could think of. However, I let the lady (and I'm SO thankful for her) talk to my dad. She told my dad to take me to the Emergency Room, and he did. It's not that bad. I just talked to some people, and ended up in another hospital. They transferred me by ambulance. It was a long-ish ride, but not bad.

Honestly? I was SO nervous. In the movies, you see all the people running up and down the white, long hallways with screaming people and all of that.

Let me tell you: it's NOTHING like that. It looked like a regular place, like a lounge. It had color, carpet, ect. The problem is, there is so much stigma attached to "mental hospitals." The people there were people that you would see on the street and think nothing of them (in other words, you wouldn't be thinking, "oh they're CRAZY).

So. About getting help... It's SO worth it, people. Come on. It's so much easier than you would think. Let people care about you. It's amazing. And yeah... I said the same things over and over. I refused to get help, but now that I have, I'm SO glad I did.

I've learned A LOT in the time I've been gone. I've learned how to deal with things, and for the first time in God knows how long, I cried out of happiness because I'm so proud of myself for getting help, finally.

So, I hope somebody reads this and can relate... I hope it at least makes you think about getting help if you haven't already...

Anyways, people. I'm out.

Love always,
Open Your Eyes.

I love : )

"Love is simple... Don't be afraid, you're already dead."

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Perseus Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: About Getting Help. - May 7th 2011, 03:02 AM

Wow that's really great. I wish I had the courage to do something like that . I have lied not only to myself, but others about my problems so many times I don't know what feelings are real anymore. Sometimes I think I do it all for attention and it's nothing serious. I am so secretive with all of my thoughts and feelings I don't even think my parents would believe me, or take it seriously.

Closed Thread