TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
LoudNoises Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rebecca

My friend - May 7th 2011, 03:00 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

My friend told me on facebook chat that she wants to kill herself, what can I do ??
She started having a go at me saying stuff like she's lonely and she wants to kill herself because everyone has apparently abandoned her so that we can hang around with our other friend "D" who she really hates and is convinced that "D" wants to make her suffer. However "D" is a really good friend of mine and I can't imagine her doing anything like what my friend is telling me she has done or is doing. I told my nan but all my nan said was that she was probably doing it for attention. But it scares me that she would even consider saying any of what she said. I also feel very guilty because I haven't been hanging around with her recently she thinks I'm hanging around with "D" but I'm not and I'm really worried and I don't have a clue what to do

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jayme

Re: My friend - May 8th 2011, 04:50 AM

Well if she is telling u her suicidal thoughts, that means she probably trusts you. You need to help her realise that life is worth living. Maybe u can even direct her to this site. I know its saved my life many a time As for her feeling threatened by D.. well you honestly dont know whats going on there. I know u say D is ur friend and u dont think she would do that, but people are capable of terrible things. They can make u believe they are a saint and they r really being evil to someone. Im not sayin thats the case...but jus keep it in consideration.

"One day at a time, this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering." -Ida Scott Taylor

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Amember Offline
Average Joe

Name: Matt

Re: My friend - May 8th 2011, 10:51 AM

Your friend needs to open her eyes, if she thinks she's lonely she needs to check on the rest of the world. I agree with Jayme though, maybe if you directed her to this site she may have some hope in life and hopefully stop being negative. Being lonely in life at such a young age really isn't much of a big deal, it just means you're coping with life on your own which makes you stronger. Whatever D is doing or has done, if it's true or not I'd confront her, don't give her any hints about who said what about her but try get some info out of her like.. "What do you think of so and so?" and see how she responds, if she asks why just say you're curious because whatever reason you can think of. But as Jayme said, for your friend to tell you her feelings means she really trusts you, or maybe your Nan is right but I won't go down that road.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
LoudNoises Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: My friend - May 8th 2011, 07:11 PM

so, sorry I didn't explain this well but when I said I can't imagine "D" doing anything like this I meant I can't imagine ANYONE doing stuff like this, and I've already asked "D" about this before but "D" told me honestly that she hadn't done any of it. The thing with my friend is that she over-reacts to stuff I mean the reason she started hating "D" was because "D" licked a piece of paper. But its been a few days now and she hasn't done anything, so I don't really know what to think: whether she didn't really mean that she wanted to kill herself but then when I think that she did mean that I really can't help but blame myself and I get angry with myself

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jayme

Re: My friend - May 9th 2011, 06:03 AM

well maybe ur friend is making it up...or making it sound worse than it is. But people really are capable of anything...thats been proven to me too many times. Hopefully your friend is feeling better tho

"One day at a time, this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering." -Ida Scott Taylor

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Noah Zomby Offline
<3
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Noah Mohandas Tanner

Re: My friend - May 9th 2011, 08:50 AM

It seems like she's just trying to get attention. She think that she's loosing people, and she doesn't know how to get them back, so she jumps to drastic measures. Look at her life and see if she really has anything to be sad or depressed about. Like, see if the only reason she wants to do this is because she feels her friends are leaving her.

Also if she is complaining about people not hanging out with her and you haven't done much of that lately, then hang out with her. Or try to coordinate like a gathering of her friends and such for some hanging out.

Also also, you may want to get your friend to stop hating D. Make her realize that why she hates D is for a, quite frankly, stupid reason.

I don't think she's going to do it, but I would help her out so she doesn't get actually depressed.

Risk something, take back what's yours.
Say something that you know they might attack you for.
Cause I'm sick of being treated like I have before.
Like it's stupid standing for, what I'm standing for.

When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die.

Your voice is your own, I can't protect it.

You'll have to sing.
A verse no one has ever, known.
Don't be afraid.
Cause no one ever sings, alone.
Love all.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
LoudNoises Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: My friend - May 9th 2011, 04:45 PM

she's started to yell abuse at me whenever I try to talk or help her and she refuses to talk to anyone in our friendship group then complains about us to everyone else in school, so I don't have a clue what to do or to think

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Noah Zomby Offline
<3
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Noah Mohandas Tanner

Re: My friend - May 11th 2011, 03:05 PM

How old is she? She is really being immature about all of this. She's not going to kill herself. She's just doing this for attention and wallowing in self-pity. It might be time to just let her go. She is an attention hog and is immature. It might be time to let her go as a friend.

Risk something, take back what's yours.
Say something that you know they might attack you for.
Cause I'm sick of being treated like I have before.
Like it's stupid standing for, what I'm standing for.

When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die.

Your voice is your own, I can't protect it.

You'll have to sing.
A verse no one has ever, known.
Don't be afraid.
Cause no one ever sings, alone.
Love all.

Closed Thread