TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MCRmaxine Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Maxine

Unhappy Life is **** - May 9th 2011, 09:41 PM

Life is sh*t at the moment and i just dont know what to do. I am suicidal but i really dont want my parents to know as i am worried they will over-react. Everything is just going wrong in my life and it just leads to even more depression and pain. My life is falling around me and im going to go down with it. if i don't find some help soon i am going to kill myself. I am suffering from severe depression and all i want is some tips to stop suicidal thoughts, depression and self harming. I just want a simple life that i dont spend every hour of every day debating how to die. Life just sucks. F*ck my life. i dont know what to do!!!!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: Life is **** - May 9th 2011, 11:29 PM

Simple "tips" won't make depression stop, nor self harming, nor suicide. If a few tips could really help, no one would be sad. The road to recovery is long and gruelling. For the love of God get yourself help. No one deserves this, a school councilor or family doctor is a great place to start. You could even keep the knowledge away from your parents if you inform whomever you seek help from, but they will also aid you on this long road ahead. Good luck, PM me is you ever need anything.

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Life17 Offline
Average Joe

Re: Life is **** - May 10th 2011, 05:35 AM

I to suffer from major depression. Obviously you have gotten help before because other wise you will not know that you have severe depression. Im in the same boat with you, Im suicidal, and I self harm, and I hallucinate sometimes. Im I know that I need help but I fear my parents reactions and their feelings toward me gettin help. Dont get me wrong they are supportive but they think that major depression can be cured over night and can not occure again. I know when I turned 17 the only time my parents talked to my counselor was when my counselor wanted to talk about me being suicidal but other than besides that everything rlse was confidental. One tip that I can give you is try to never be alone and find a relesor when things get unbarable like music or drawing or writing. Im free anytime you need to talk.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
MCRmaxine Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Maxine

Re: Life is **** - May 10th 2011, 08:57 PM

I told my school counciler and she was the one who labled me as a severly depressed person but after i told her not to tell my parents she didnt really help me... I started quizing my Mum for a 'school project' on depression today and at the end i told her straight. she didnt belive me but i think that she might keep an eye on me from now on. Thanks for the replys guys, they made me feel almost human. i appreciate it.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Life17 Offline
Average Joe

Re: Life is **** - May 11th 2011, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCRmaxine View Post
I told my school counciler and she was the one who labled me as a severly depressed person but after i told her not to tell my parents she didnt really help me... I started quizing my Mum for a 'school project' on depression today and at the end i told her straight. she didnt belive me but i think that she might keep an eye on me from now on. Thanks for the replys guys, they made me feel almost human. i appreciate it.
I'm glad u talked to your mother and I wish I the best.

Closed Thread