TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
alibear101 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Alyssa

Unhappy Undiagnosable Disease killing me emotionally and physically - May 12th 2011, 11:20 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I have this undiagnosable disease that is slowly killing me. I randomly stop breathing, i am in constant pain and my doctors say that i will most likely die before I am 30. i am so scared and i dont want to die. it is killing me emotionally, i cry every night in bed and i am never truly happy. i think i want to end my life just because i dont want to have to face the end where i am curled up as a vegetable on life support.

Everybody dies, but not everybody lives <3
  Send a message via MSN to alibear101  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Crimsonkin Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Adam

Re: Undiagnosable Disease killing me emotionally and physically - May 13th 2011, 12:34 AM

I cant even begin to know how you are feeling so im not going to say i do. But if i where in your situation I would not give into this disease. Dont give up the fight! There is always hope.

Things do get better in time.
I used to believe that things would never get better.
But after many long years things are looking up!
So don't ever give up!
Stay strong and move on!
Things WILL get better!

Make my day let me help you. PM me anytime

Send a message via AIM to Crimsonkin Send a message via MSN to Crimsonkin  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
CvcSly3 Offline
Heart Of Hearts
Not a n00b

Name: Connor

Re: Undiagnosable Disease killing me emotionally and physically - May 13th 2011, 12:45 AM

I am sorry it makes you depressed thinking about it, but you have a while before you turn 30 or near it. It may be hard to not think about it, but you have a life to live so enjoy every second and at its fullest because we all have one life to live. Even though they are doctors, they could be wrong. You never know if it could be 30 or even 40 years that might be it. Or perhaps it could be a LONG ways away, but I dont know the extent of the illness you have and I wish you the absolute best with your future.

Hope this helped and that you feel better emotionally, because worrying about it will only make it harder to live the life you truly want to (Happened with my depression).

"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love" - Albert Einstein

A destination, a fading smile.
Another station, another mile.
Another day gone, I swore that I will.
Be there before dawn.
So be there, I will.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Crimsonkin Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Adam

Re: Undiagnosable Disease killing me emotionally and physically - May 13th 2011, 03:13 AM

Cvcsly is right doctors are wrong all the time. You could live a very healthy life. No one knows what the future will hold. Enjoy every day of your life like you never knew you had this disease. Live your life to the fullest and dont let this stop you from enjoying your life.

Things do get better in time.
I used to believe that things would never get better.
But after many long years things are looking up!
So don't ever give up!
Stay strong and move on!
Things WILL get better!

Make my day let me help you. PM me anytime

Send a message via AIM to Crimsonkin Send a message via MSN to Crimsonkin  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Undiagnosable Disease killing me emotionally and physically - May 14th 2011, 01:26 PM

Have you seen the Discovery Health show Mystery Diagnosis? I suggest trying to contact one of the doctors who were on the show. They actually had an episode where someone did that.
  Send a message via Skype™ to FlyingTrue 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Spirit. Offline
Run free
I've been here a while

Name: Kaveri

Re: Undiagnosable Disease killing me emotionally and physically - May 14th 2011, 02:52 PM

Hi Alyssa,

I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I can't even imagine what it would be like for you. But don't give up. Give that disease all the fight you have. Don't let it take over you.
Maybe getting a few more opinions from some more doctors might lead you to a diagnosis?

But if you ever need to talk or want support, don't even hesitate to VM/PM me anytime!

~Through the wind and the rain she stands hard as a stone
In a world that she can't rise above.
But her dreams give her wings and she flies to a place where she's loved.

Concrete Angel

"And so I grew from colt to stallion
As wild and as reckless as thunder over the land.
Racing with the eagle, soaring with the wind.
Flying? There were times I believed I could."

HelpLINK Mentor - 2.4.2011
LiveHelp Operator - 18.6.2011

Send a message via MSN to Spirit. Send a message via Skype™ to Spirit. 
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: Undiagnosable Disease killing me emotionally and physically - May 14th 2011, 03:15 PM

First, I know a kid who's dad had three months to live. Three years later he's active and perfectly healthy. Don't count yourself short.

Secondly, I really am very sorry you have to deal with this. It must be harder than anyone could ever endure.

Thirdly: If you believe in God this is a blessing, if you believe in fate it was meant to happen, no matter what you believe this is good. It means you will enjoy every day so much more. Make every day the best and be happy for who YOU are. You are strong and your are amazing. That is the most important thing.

My PM box is ALWAYS open to you or anyone who needs help. I wish you the best through these troubled times.

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic

(#8 (permalink)) Old
alibear101 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Undiagnosable Disease killing me emotionally and physically - May 14th 2011, 11:26 PM

thank you hun.. yeah, i definatly need someone to talk to. its really hard for me to deal with all of this stuff.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
alibear101 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Undiagnosable Disease killing me emotionally and physically - May 14th 2011, 11:27 PM

thanks justin. i really appreciate that. yeah, i am trying very hard not to give up its just so hard when you randomly stop breathing and stuff and you feel like you are going to go crazy.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: Undiagnosable Disease killing me emotionally and physically - May 15th 2011, 03:29 AM

alibear101: I completely understand your stress and sadness.
I've had a few scares similair. For one I used to get strange headaches that could completely dehabilitate me at completely random times. Doctors said it was paraylisis and I would probably be in a wheelchair in only two years. That was five years ago. Turns out it was a headache known as "Thunder Clap" that only recently had been discovered. It's the byproduct of weak neck muscles. I no longer get them, after doing a variety of strenghening excersises.

It just goes to show that doctors are still learning, because it has yet to be diagnosed, you could very well survive.

As others have recomended, keep seeing doctors until someone offers any form of help, no one our age should have to worry about dying from some mysterious diease. Some doctors can and will help you.

Having a medical problem can make you feel alone and crazy. I get that. However it's simply not true. Many people believe you are indeed NOT crazy, and many more want to help you.

If your religous or not, I send my prayers with you in this troubled time.

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic

(#11 (permalink)) Old
alibear101 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Undiagnosable Disease killing me emotionally and physically - May 16th 2011, 12:13 PM

JKmadu619: oh wow. thats another thing i get severe migraines and ive had one for the past month./

Closed Thread