TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Liz94 Offline
Here I go again
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Elizabeth

why do I always have to plumet back down to earth??? - May 19th 2011, 09:06 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Ok so I need to go to the doctor..I know this, but I dont want to....Im almost certain I am bipolar....I am ridiculously up and down, its waaay to exstreme to just be hormones and exam stress.

Take last week for instance I was amazingly happy, it was my last day of yr 11 and a celebration morning with the rest of the day with friends having a great time....I was and still am on top of revision and only get stressed about an exam when I am lining up to go in....

This week though I have plummented into well despair...My urges to self harm are unbearible strong...today is the 112th day since I last did..thats a week before the 4 month mark it reached...this is the longest I have lasted since september 2008......yet I want to harm myself soooo bad, its taring me up inside....

I feel so distant from God and I can't stop telling myself that it because he condems the fact that I am a lesbian ...a lesbian obsessed and in love with a straight friend....Im so pathetic I can't even fall in love with a fellow lesbian....

I just want to give up if I am honest....depression, self harm and OCD and eating issues have controlled me for well over 3 years now...I can't take it..I don't know what to do...I don't have the energy or will power to pick myslef up AGAIN...

Help, please someone help me......

"Casting all your anxiety upon Him, because He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

"For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control." 2 Timothy 1:7

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." Romans 12:2

PM/VM me anytime
LIZ
  Send a message via MSN to Liz94  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ella.x Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Ella

Re: why do I always have to plumet back down to earth??? - May 19th 2011, 09:51 PM

Hey,
I'm sorry you're feeling so bad right now. congratulations on making it so long without hurting yourself! that's a real achievment!
Now, I'm not religious, but I don't believe that a God who preaches forgiveness and happiness would condemn you for your dexual orientation, which you cannot change. Think about it, he created you, therefore he decided for you to be a lesbian. Why would God do that if it wasn't meant to be? I'm pretty sure he doesn't set people up to fail.
I know the mood swings all too well. It would be a brilliant idea to see a doctor as they can refer you to the right people to give you the support that you need and to help you cope with life.

Remember, you can do this. I know you can.
x

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: why do I always have to plumet back down to earth??? - May 19th 2011, 10:18 PM

Do you care to describe your "Happy" moments more? There is a difference between being Happy, and being Manic, which differentiates Bipolar Disorder and Depression (mild or otherwise).

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Liz94 Offline
Here I go again
Regular TeenHelper

Re: why do I always have to plumet back down to earth??? - May 20th 2011, 10:31 AM

My happy moments are like not being able to sit still, talking really loudly, quickly and not being able to stop....jumping around, singing randomly.....not letting anyone else talk...running around telling everyone I love them ....having bear feet in public and skipping....

Like that every single time I am happy...:-/

"For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control." 2 Timothy 1:7

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." Romans 12:2

PM/VM me anytime
LIZ
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Re: why do I always have to plumet back down to earth??? - May 20th 2011, 03:17 PM

Does it affect any parts of your life, such as your studies, your sleep, or any other responsibilities (i.e. work)? Also, how long do these moments usually last for, and how often do they happen?

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Liz94 Offline
Here I go again
Regular TeenHelper

Re: why do I always have to plumet back down to earth??? - May 20th 2011, 03:48 PM

They happen between once and three times a week...they affect my concentration levels which affects my school work and at the moment my revision..I had an episode of this is an exam this week, meaning I was shaking my foot throughout the exam and found it very hard to stay focused on completling the questions...they mean that I cannot get to sleep and when I do sleep it it disturbed...I wake up constantly all through the night. It effects my realationship with friends as when I am really hyper they get annoyed, and when I plumet back down they don't want to talk to me cause I bring them down....It also has destoyed my relationship with my sister...

PM/VM me anytime
LIZ
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Re: why do I always have to plumet back down to earth??? - May 20th 2011, 04:01 PM

Honestly, that doesn't sound like typical Mania, which is the "UP" phase of Bipolar Disorder. Mania lasts usually about a week, give or take a day or two. Mania also usually has more "extreme" (for lack of a better word) symptoms that it doesn't seem you're experiencing.

Though, getting "hyper" like this, out of nowhere, without assistance from outside sources (i.e. caffeine, or good things happening *because a good day is bound to put you in a good mood), is something you still might want to see your doctor about it. I'm pretty sure you don't have Bipolar Disorder, but there could be another problem.

You could have a medical issue affecting your mood (like a thyroid problem, for one?), for one. Hormone balances can be affecting your moods (you are, after all, still a teenager). You might have Mild Depression (do you ONLY have these "UP" moments, or "DOWN" moments? Anything in between?). Or, if you meet the criteria (which I cannot tell you, seeing as I'm not a professional), you may have a different kind of disorder, mood or otherwise.

Because of the possibility of so many different things, I strongly recommend you see your family doctor, then they will know what to test, where to send you, or whatever else from there.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Liz94 Offline
Here I go again
Regular TeenHelper

Re: why do I always have to plumet back down to earth??? - May 20th 2011, 04:21 PM

Thanks for the advice...reasurring in a way.....much appreciate it.

PM/VM me anytime
LIZ
Closed Thread