TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Literally planning a suicide, help me? >< - May 23rd 2011, 08:48 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I've fucking had enough of EVERYTHING. I've tried staying up beat, I've tried keeping a happy-go-lucky attitude up, but it just doesn't last. I don't like my family (even though they're lovely people), I've left school (due to SH, might I add) so I'm drifting away from my friends and I've messed up (don't ask, just trust) with the one person that means everything to me.

I've gone without harming for what, three months now? It seems as if all the shit that I've ignored is coming out at once. I'm basically planning to kill myself because of everything. I don't have an effective method, but my idea of just walking somewhere isolated and cutting over and over until I eventually pass out and bleed to death is seeming better by the minute. It'd be really fucking painful but I feel as if I deserve it.

Help me? I feel lost.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Patriot

Re: Literally planning a suicide, help me? >< - May 23rd 2011, 09:03 PM

Everyone goes through these patches in life, whether some would like to admit it or not. I know exactly what these thoughts are like. What you should do is think, think really hard about the things you have to live for. Sometimes it can be hard to find these things, but they are there. Think about your family. I know you don't necissarily like them right now, but they still love you. Think about your dreams and aspirations. What do you want to achieve in life? What do you want to be when you're older? Try to put your energy towards your life's goals, rather than your suicide plans.
Do you have anybody to talk to? A friend, a relative? Let them know how you're feeling, I bet they'd be willing to help you out.
Just remember that you can and WILL overcome this. You are strong, you just need to find that strength. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. You can't go back and fix it. You can't change your mind after you've done it.
If you ever need to talk, PM or VM me.
Much love <3

I don't ever wanna feel like I did that day. Take me to the place I love; take me far away.
~Under the Bridge~

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Heretic Offline
The Architect
I've been here a while

Name: [060191.1723]

Re: Literally planning a suicide, help me? >< - May 23rd 2011, 09:32 PM

The simple fact that you're asking for someone to help you with this tells me that you don't really want to die. You may feel like it's the best (or only solution), but that doesn't mean you're happy or comfortable with it.

When you're facing such seemingly insurmountable challenges, keep in mind that almost every single one of those challenges is temporary. Suicide is a permanent and dark solution to a series of temporary problems. You have the power to change at least some aspects of most of these problems, and I fully encourage you to do so in any way that you believe would be constructive and reasonable.

If you ever run out of reasons for yourself to live, think instead of the reasons for you to live for other people. There will always be people who care about you, and who rely on your personality and your presence more than you might ever know. If you can't think of a reason for yourself to stay alive and stay strong, then make these people your reasons.

Ethos
Pathos
Logos

Send a message via MSN to Heretic  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Madeleine Claire

Re: Literally planning a suicide, help me? >< - May 23rd 2011, 10:39 PM

Things probably seem really crappy right now, but like Hyperion said, you don't want to die if you're asking for help.

No matter what there are always things to live for, even if they're just tiny. The fact that you get to experience life at all is amazing, take advantage of it. Find something to make you smile, whether it's music or walking or whatever.

I hope everything works out for you. PM me anytime you need <3.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Beautiful_mind Offline
counsellor @ positive mind
Average Joe

Name: chantel

Re: Literally planning a suicide, help me? >< - May 23rd 2011, 11:45 PM

I am sorry to hear that you are struggling, you don't have to be happy all the time, there are going to be hard times in life. Don't force yourself to be happy go lucky or up beat. Feelings will come and go but they wont stay around forever, its how we manage these feelings thats important. We often get caught up in our thoughts and this can often make them seem worse. What I want you to try and do is whenever you get a thought or feeling just acknowledge it and let it pass you by. I can send you something that you can listen to, to help you accept the thoughts and feelings you have and let them pass.
It's not easy but it will get better, its might take awhile. I also hope that if your not you consider talking to a professional in your area they can help you with this aswell.

Good luck with everything.

Email me if you need anything

Last edited by Rob; May 25th 2011 at 07:32 PM.
  Send a message via MSN to Beautiful_mind Send a message via Yahoo to Beautiful_mind  
Closed Thread