TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Kendall Ann Offline
Kendall Ann
Not a n00b

Name: Kendall

what I want because I do? - June 2nd 2011, 03:42 AM

when my parents asked "why are your arms all cut up?" I replied "because they are" when I'm asked "why are you depressed" I want to say "because I am" and when I ask myself why I cut, why I'm depressed, or why I want my life to end I just think "because I do"

Life just pisses me off sometimes. Even surrounded by the happiest people I usually have a hard time remaining happy for a good amount of time. I have horrible sickening thoughts about death and well, how maybe it's time. Even when I was little I didn't think I'd live to be twenty. Life sucks.

Don't let anyone say you're not beautiful, stay true to you!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Re: what I want because I do? - June 2nd 2011, 04:19 AM

I've answered those questions the same exact way before. Sometimes I don't even know why I'm depressed or why I want to die.
I think I can relate to you.
But the thing you should remember is that life is worth living even if it is hard sometimes.
Things can and will get better, you just have to stay strong. I believe you can get through this and live a normal life. I know it's hard and life sucks sometimes but I strongly believe that it is not your time to go.
If you ever need anything or even just need someone to talk to, let me know. I'm here for you.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Veni Vidi Vici Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: what I want because I do? - June 2nd 2011, 05:48 AM

I've felt like that before so I know how hard it is at times.

Like Hannah said, you just have to remember that life is worth living and even though you aren't going through the best of times, you have to live on and wait for better times (which will eventually come, trust me).

Life is full of ups and downs; right now you're going through some downs so I promise you it won't be long until a few ups come along; you have have to wait it out.

Don't self harm, don't pend suicide, that's just going to negatively affect your mood. Live your life till the fullest; like you have nothing to lose, and you'll see how life treats you back. Trust me, you won't regret it.

Good luck, Carpe Diem.

Carpe Diem: Seize the Day/Moment. -Horace

Veni, Vidi, Vici: I came, I saw, I conquered -Julius Caesar

(#4 (permalink)) Old
bailatyvm Offline
bada bing bada boom.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Faith

Re: what I want because I do? - June 5th 2011, 07:31 PM

I think in our society we've been told that saying 'because' isn't a real answer. But sometimes it's the answer that we need to give. Sometimes everything gets to be too much and you just have to say because. But just take a moment to breathe and think about everything that's going on in your life and maybe it'll make a little bit more sense. It's okay, other people feel that way too..it just takes time. Patience is the hardest, but you'll make it.

--
searching for myself...
and hugs. mostly hugs.
--

(#5 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Madeleine Claire

Re: what I want because I do? - June 5th 2011, 10:47 PM

I agree with baila...

Sometimes we don't understand why certain things are happening to us, or why people feel the need to ask certain questions. Maybe sometimes you need to ask yourself these questions, not have other people do it..

If you take the time to think about it, it really can help. If you ask yourself why you do that, and you have all the time in the world to think of an answer, sooner rather than later, one will come to you.

Remember that people love you, and that's why they ask.

It's gonna be okay though, you'll figure it out, everyone figures things out at their own pace. <3

Closed Thread