TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
AcidRayne*OG* Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Taylor

Unhappy Having a hard time - June 2nd 2011, 07:48 AM

I don't know if there's really any advice anyone can give me, but here's the story anyway. I'm lonely. I just broke up with my boyfriend (baby's father) of a year and a half. My daughter is almost eleven months, and I feel a lot better when she's around. It's hard on the "weekends" that her dad has her (Tuesday and Wednesday). My mom says that after I got pregnant, I stopped really going out with my old friends and hung out with my boyfriend and daughter for almost two years. Now the friends I have don't live in the same town, or they don't care. I started hanging out with this girl Sam on my nights off, but I think she doesn't like me or is getting tired of me, so I'm just going to leave that where it lies. She makes up excuses not to hang out with me but then will go chill with other people, drives around the block to avoid me walking by her, etc. I'm tired of fake people. I almost want to get back together with my boyfriend because I broke things off, but I need to stay strict to my principles, and I'm tired of not being respected, plus I'm pretty sure when he finds out I applied for child support, there won't be any hope of us getting back together. I guess the problem is I have no real friends and not only that, I'm so lonely. Sometimes I'll take a walk and walk by the train tracks, start thinking about getting up there and letting a train hit me, but I know I have to be there for my daughter. Sadly it seems that's the only thing holding me back
Any support, advice, something?

"No failure is ever final, nor is any success."
  Send a message via MSN to AcidRayne*OG* Send a message via Skype™ to AcidRayne*OG* 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
MusicMusicMusic Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Debbie

Re: Having a hard time - June 2nd 2011, 12:44 PM

Hey there. I'm sorry you're feeling so lonely, I wish there was something I could do to help you. I'm sure being a mother really would take a toll on the friendships you used to have which is really unfortunate, BUT you have a lovely daughter and i'm glad you want to be there for her. A good idea might be to join some kind of young mothers group? I don't know if they have anything like that where you're located but if they do it could really help meeting people in the same situation as you.
I hope things get better, please feel free to PM me if you ever want to chat!
Debbie xxxxxx

(#3 (permalink)) Old
AcidRayne*OG* Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Taylor

Re: Having a hard time - June 2nd 2011, 09:08 PM

Thanks for the advice. I live in a smaller town unfortunately, but there might be a group of some kind in a town like twenty minutes away or something. It sucks because I don't have a car, and I am interested in local friends being that I don't have one. I'm having a hard time with that unfortunately. My ex boyfriend really wants to get back together with me, and part of me wants to, but I just don't want to run around with my head cut off expecting the same result. I did tell him I filed for child support this morning, and fortunately he wasn't mad, still wants to get back together regardless, so maybe things will work out for the best.

"No failure is ever final, nor is any success."
  Send a message via MSN to AcidRayne*OG* Send a message via Skype™ to AcidRayne*OG* 
Closed Thread