TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Mia.J Offline
Turtle
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Mia J Cara

Unhappy Depression, sucidal thoughts and self harm. - June 5th 2011, 11:17 AM

Uh, hello. I don't really know how to start this. Ok. Well, for awhile now, I have been having these periods of depression. Sometimes, they are triggered by something, like stress or problems with friends, etc., but sometimes they are just brought on by nothing. I don't know why, I just feel depressed. Like, I don't want to do anything, don't want to talk to anyone, don't want to see anyone, I just want to sleep and sleep and sleep. There have been a few times where I have had sucidal thoughts and I've even self harmed many times. I use razor blades and cut my wrists. It feels really good for some reason and I can focus on the pain and everything else just goes away. I did talk to someone about this, well, two people actually. My mum, when I first started cutting my self, and she sorta helped my through it 'cause she used to do it when she was younger. I also talked to a family friend about it 'cause she found out that I was cutting myself. She told me that depression is a chemical imbalance in the brain and that the only way it can be helped is by medication.

I don't really know what the point of posting this is. I just kinda want to talk to someone about it. I don't know what to do anymore. It just keeps getting worse and worse. It comes and goes. I am really starting to feel like giving up. Sometimes, I feel really good. But then other times I just don't want to do this anymore and I just want to die. People are starting to get worried, especially my sister, my boyfriend and my best friend. I don't want them to worry about me. I feel really bad that I'm putting them through this. But, I don't know what to do.

Mia Jayde x

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: donna

Re: Depression, sucidal thoughts and self harm. - June 5th 2011, 12:39 PM

Hi,
Im sorry that you're feeling like this. Have you tried talking to a professional counsellor of psychologist about how you feel? By going outside, visiting some friends or playing some 'happy' music you can improve your mood. If you want someone to talk to, you are welcome to PM me. Please don't give up on life.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Troubled_Heart Offline
Used to be Ianto Jones
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Melissa
Location: The room where it's red and black and evil people walk around pointing and laughing at you

Re: Depression, sucidal thoughts and self harm. - June 5th 2011, 12:54 PM

First of all, welcome to TH Mia, it's great that you've found us to get support

I know depression is hard but it's great you have people to support you. I know the feeling where you don't want to do anything but like Donna said, by doing something you can try and distract yourself.

Letting your mum know about your self harm is fantastic, it's one of the hardest things to do but you did it and that's really admiring. I know self harm feels like its the best thing to do to feel better, but you should try and talk to someone when these feelings evolve, maybe a phycologist, your mum, family friend or someone you trust.

I keep busy all the time, and it does help, although having a lazy day where you can just be alone can help now and then.
If you ever want to talk to someone I'm happy to, just PM me or VM me and I'll reply as soon as I get it <3 <3 <3 Keep strong and you can get through this.

When life gives you one thousand reasons to cry, show life one million reasons to SMILE!

Send a message via MSN to Troubled_Heart Send a message via Yahoo to Troubled_Heart  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Mia.J Offline
Turtle
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Mia J Cara

Re: Depression, sucidal thoughts and self harm. - June 6th 2011, 10:01 AM

Thanks so much for the advice. I'll surely message you if I really need to talk.

I have been talking to my best friend about it, and he's helped a fair bit.

Mia Jayde x

Closed Thread