TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Unconnected Offline
Not a n00b

I'm not sure If I have depression or not? - June 5th 2011, 06:26 PM

Hi
I'm not sure If I have depression or not?
I stay In my PJs all day If I'm off or once I get back from a place I'll put my PJs on instead of wearing clothes I prefer my PJs.

Some days I'm okay but not happy or sad and other days I feel really down about things and theres times where I could go Into a really low dark mood unexpectedly

Is this depression or not and If so what type would It be?

Last edited by Unconnected; June 5th 2011 at 06:37 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
bpaley Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm not sure If I have depression or not? - June 5th 2011, 06:42 PM

Instead of telling you if you have depression, I will give you some advice on how to feel better. When I get sad, I usually go outside or hang out downstairs with my brother. I also try to help other people in my neighborhood. The experts say that when you volunteer your time with someone else,it helps you feel better because you are not just caring about yourself. My advice is to go outside and do something active when you are feeling sad. Hanging out inside is not going to help you feel better.
I hope you feel better
GOOD LUCK

(#3 (permalink)) Old
CrimeStopper Offline
Emily
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Be content within

Re: I'm not sure If I have depression or not? - June 5th 2011, 07:09 PM

Well I don't really think the pj thing has anything to do with much. I'm always in my pjs. Right when I get home I put them on no matter what.

The only thing that made me question anything that you said is when you said, "I could go into a really low dark mood unexpectedly." That raises concern for me. We never want our moods just "unexpectedly" go into a dark low. There are so many forms of depression. To many to just say it could be one of the other. But if you are having periods of highs and periods of lows that could be a sign of some sort of depression.

Our moods should not just switch like that. That is not normal. If you are feeling that you could have depression your first and for most going to want to tell someone what you are feeling. Try and get into a counselor to get evaluated professional by someone, and someone to talk to about your feelings.

But in the mean time until your able to get that help you really should try and distract yourself. Try exercise or just walking. You are going to have to do something that will occupy your mind in the mean time. Journal, movies, music, scream, hit a pillow, a pet, friends, arts and crafts. Anything you know that will keep you busy and make those feelings subside.

Good luck! Keep us all updated on what goes on. Remember we are all here for you!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Unconnected Offline
Not a n00b

Re: I'm not sure If I have depression or not? - June 5th 2011, 07:25 PM

Thanks for the answers so far and CrimeStopper your avatar is so cute!

Closed Thread