TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Switzerland Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I wish I was never born - June 6th 2011, 10:34 PM

I wish I was never born.
No, this is not one of those 'I wish I was never born, cus I hate my life' posts. I mean, as true as it may feel, that's not it. This is my logical mind pissing me off again.
I wish I was never born, because then I would never have to deal with all this stuff we call life. I mean, there's no way to get away from everything that happens in life, especially as a teenager. You can't just walk away. You can't just go back and start over. Once you're here, you're in for life. Literally.The only way out is suicide. And you can't change your mind with that one, either. Once you're gone, you're gone.
If I was never born, then I suppose I wouldn't know what I was missing. Would that really be such a bad thing?
I wish I could just take a break. Take a leave of absence. I don't know, have an out-of-body experience. I wish I could just leave my body, my life, for a couple of days, and just watch myself. Maybe I'd find that things really aren't as bad as they seem...
In fact, maybe I'd find that it's good that I'm alive. Maybe I'd see that I'm making a positive impact on someone else's life, and they need me... Ha, maybe I'm leaving the world a slightly better place then before.
But. That will never happen. So I guess I'll just have to keep living my life, until the day that I die. Until then...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Release9 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I wish I was never born - June 6th 2011, 11:33 PM

Hello...
I know life is not the best option right now...and sometimes I feel the same way you do- you know, wanting to be able to have a "break" from life- but you are probably making a positive influence on someone. Don't think like that. Suicide is not the answer.
So even though life is terrible currently, cheer up- it will get a lot better.
I hope this didn't sound hypocritical.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Helper1215 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I wish I was never born - June 7th 2011, 12:33 AM

I see what you are saying, and it does make a lot of sense. There are definitely times where Ive felt apathetic about life. Everyday clock in clock out. Theres no true break.
Perhaps we become bored with everything and all our things around. But life is truly a gift we have received, I believe, from God. Life gives us an opportunity to create and to influence. One thing Ive noticed, that the more involved in myself I become the more meaningless my life seems. Perhaps, you can bring your thinking more horizontally, get involved in somethiing in your community or plan something with your family or friends. Once we are dead, we cannot create influences in other peoples lives, we cant make positive differences, we cant have hope of any sort. Perhaps a change in routine is in order for you ..

Im not sure if this helped you at all, but please hunny, suicide is not the answer....there are days where we are at an all time low, and after that the only way is back up Unfortunately this is a cycle of emotions. If you feel like you are constantly feeling like this, you definitely should try to reach out to someone near to you, or at school. Do you know anyone like that?, and keep posting here and update us on how you are feeling.

Pm me any time, If you just need someone to talk to

(#4 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Madeleine Claire

Re: I wish I was never born - June 7th 2011, 02:12 AM

I'm sorry that you feel that way about everything, but I promise it'll get better. And I totally know the feeling.

For me, my escape is dreaming, people ask why I love sleeping so much and it's because for a moment I do get a break from life. I've made it through a lot of stuff by just day dreaming about the future.

If you're ever at a low point where you just have no idea what to do, remember that things are bound to get better. And sometimes there's no where to go but up. Life is an amazing gift if you can figure out what to do with it, some do, others don't. But don't give up on yourself.

<3

Closed Thread