TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
George Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy I am so depressed someone please help :( - June 7th 2011, 11:15 PM

Hi... I'm new here and decided to seek advice because I really need it. My situation is long, but I'll make it as short as possible. I met a girl on the internet over a year ago. Nothing special, just talking every now and then and having fun. She lived halfway around the world from me so it was sort of fun to get to know someone from a completely different place. The thing is after 6 or 7 months of knowing her I actually started to fall for her (I know, but it's what happened). We had everything in common, I thought of her as a sister, but we both felt more than that. I told her I liked her and she told me she felt the same, so we started a sort of "relationship". We talked on the phone sometimes, we saw each other on webcam for hours a day, and I did all this because I could go see her in like a year as a transfer student from college. And I would go over to her. We were really close to that, only a year away, but we made the mistake of having webcam sex, and after 4 months of our relationship her parents somehow found out. To make a long story short, her father spoke to me, I was threatened with charges, and made to promise I would never contact her again, or else. And before you think wrong, I'm 18 and she was 16, and even though everybody on her side thinks I only used her for that, I really, truly loved her. We just made a big mistake in doing that :/ I managed to talk to her once after that and she said we couldn't talk anymore, we were both crying, but she said that she would come look for me when she was 18, that she swore on her life. I didn't know how to react... I just acted selfish at the moment and said I didn't care. It's been 4 months since that happened, I didn't eat or sleep for about a month. I spent hours crying... I was lost in depression. I still am actually... I was on the rebound and met a girl and I just made myself like her to forget about what had happened, but that didn't end well either, now I'm alone and I can't stop thinking about what happened, it was devastating, I thought I could bury it but I can't. It hurts today as much as it did the first day, and no matter how hard i try I can't get my mind off her and can't stop missing her. It breaks my heart and tears it apart to wish I could talk to her, knowing she feels the same. But her family would make all hell break loose if we did. I just need help, I really do... I don't know what to do anymore, I can't find a way out of this, I'm a completely different person ever since that... I don't talk to my parents, I don't go out, I don't really have friends and never tell my parents this sort of thing so I'm drowning in it by myself :S and I need advice... anything. Thanks for taking your time to read this if you did, I really appreciate it.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
CvcSly3 Offline
Heart Of Hearts
Not a n00b

Name: Connor

Re: I am so depressed someone please help :( - June 8th 2011, 12:20 AM

If you would like to talk about it just PM. It always helps to talk about it, because I know how it hurts that you cant see her anymore. The best I can think of to clear your mind is to exercise, do some volunteer work or join a club/group if you would like.

Hope this helped and again I am open for a chat anytime.

"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love" - Albert Einstein

A destination, a fading smile.
Another station, another mile.
Another day gone, I swore that I will.
Be there before dawn.
So be there, I will.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
bpaley Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I am so depressed someone please help :( - June 8th 2011, 12:28 AM

I am sorry that you are in such a devastating situation; I wish that I could make everything better for you, but i can't. Like you, I am depressed, it is terrible to always look back at the past and think about all the bad things, and then think that nothing will make things better. I have found that volunteering will help you feel better, the act of helping others will get your mind of yourself and onto other people.
I hope this helps, and don't worry everything will get better.
If you want to talk more, send me a message.

Closed Thread