TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Just MeMyself&I
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ashlyn Elizabeth

I'm done... - June 11th 2011, 07:49 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Everyone has them. No ones perfect. My struggle(s) are trying to be perfect,making everyone happy. But, I never think of what makes me happy. I try to please everyone, but its not enough. I feel there is nothing to live for unless I'm perfect or everyone loves me.

But,I'll ignore the pain and the hurt.

One day, It'll be gone.

I wrote this not even 20 minutes ago. It really describes what I'm going through. It feels like no one loves me. I feel dirty. Un-perfect.

This started because my mother makes me do things like go to my grandmothers house who grips your arm so tight it leaves a big red mark for 2 days. Shes mean,emotionally,mentally abusive. So is my mother. But they think they are so perfect....they just ignore my pain. I try to make them happy... But it doesn't work. And I'm just so tired of the pain and hurt.
And I make out these perfect fantasy worlds in my head,I think to get away.
I feel like I'm not perfect,so I'll never have a happy ending.

~Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
~Eventually the time will come when the pain it takes to stay will become greater than the pain it takes to go.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
HealingAngel Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Angie (or Ang)

Re: I'm done... - June 11th 2011, 09:11 PM

Hang in there hun... I honestly don't know what I culd say to help you, but I thought I'd at least leave you a comment to acknowledge the fact that I did read your post and that your in my thoughts. <3 Just remember to keep on pushing forward... close your eyes and just take it one step at a time... one foot in front of the other...

It won't be like this forever. It might seem like it but just keep moving forward I know you can do it. If thins ever get too violent or dangerous don'thesitate to call the police though. Don't give up hun... one step at a time......

Wishing you the best...
~kaylaa... <3

When You're At The End Of Your Rope...
Tie A Knot... and Hold On... <3
- . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . -
I think I kinda, sorta, maybe... mighttt just love him after all...
- . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . -
Settle precious, I know what you're going through,
Minutes before you got here, I was going to jump too...

(#3 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: I'm done... - June 11th 2011, 11:24 PM

Hello Meghann,
These feelings are clearly a result of the abuse you are suffering at the hands of your family. Essentially, what you are feeling is normal, for someone going through this deplorable situation. Any normal person wishes for a constant loving bond with their parents, and they are supposed to love and cherish you, not treat you like dirt. They are the ones in the wrong here, not you.

I highly recommend going to the police or child protective services. No parent has any right to treat their son or daughter the way your parents have been treating you. Once you are out of this situation, and when you are with people that care about you, things will start to get better. We care about you here, you are just fine the way you are, and you have a very bright future ahead.
  Send a message via Skype™ to FlyingTrue 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Just MeMyself&I
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ashlyn Elizabeth

Re: I'm done... - June 12th 2011, 05:46 PM

Thank you so much! Its not both of my parents,just my mother. But,I do appreciate your kind words You both truly lifted my day

~Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
~Eventually the time will come when the pain it takes to stay will become greater than the pain it takes to go.

Closed Thread