TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DisasterInHell Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Paige

feeling like nothing - June 15th 2011, 11:50 AM

i always try to look on the happier side of life...but little things always turn me down and i feel like i have no one to talk to.

most of the people that know me classify me as the bubbly and happy sort of person but i hate having that black sort of cloud wash over me and i never know what to do about it, so i listen to music, which sort of relieves me.

but i always try to fit in. always. i get too over sensitive and i just want to be left alone and hide away from everyone. i dont know.

people in my group just annoy me and it doesn't help with my condition sometimes. i dont even like calling it that. i wonder when this will ever go away from me and leave me alone.

it always comes back to me though and sometimes i can't control it. too powerful.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: donna

Re: feeling like nothing - June 15th 2011, 12:12 PM

Hey, Im sorry things are so tough for you at the moment. When you mention your 'condition' it sounds like you are talking about depression? Have you been diagnosed? Because depression is treatable and it is possible to control it and get better. Have you tried speaking to your parents, a counsellor or psychologist about how you have been feeling? This might help, and listening to music is a great idea. The thing to remember is that you can feel better. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk, I'd be willing to listen.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
SouthernBelle. Offline
InsaneAnnie
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

Re: feeling like nothing - June 15th 2011, 05:27 PM

It sounds to me like you may be trying to hard to be something you're not -- or someone. I used to do that all the time; and then the big black cloud thing? That's honestly one of the most awful things to have to go through, especially when people are suddenly popping up all over the place, asking you what's wrong.

If the people in your group are annoying you, why stay in that particular group? There are so many good people out there who will like you for who you are. Don't strive to fit in with others, make them want to fit in with you, by being yourself. It'll help a lot, and you'll make great friends who don't annoy you in the least.

And thumbs up for listening to music! I used to do that, all the time.

Feel free to PM me if you want! I don't mind a bit?

Anna's Personal Keys to Happiness
1. Do what you want within the bounds of reason, whenever you want to, and regret nothing. 2. If you have an opinion, don't beat around the bush, or there isn't a point in saying it. 3. Don't keep the company of anyone who won't like you and will try to change you.

Closed Thread