TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Dyingtolive Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

How do you know if your NOT depressed anymore? - June 22nd 2011, 06:52 AM

Okay so I've probably been depressed for years... but it didnt get bad until 2 years ago... so i had started cutting and having suicidal thoughts... but anyway I recently got a boyfriend a month and a half ago and all of a sudden I feel happy... I stopped cutting exactly a month before we started going out, but now that i'm dating him I don't even feel the need to cut... I know I shouldn't declare that I'm happy again this soon but i guess i'm just wondering... is it possible to bounce back from a 2 year bad depression this fast? i've never had a boyfriend until him but it just seemed like a week or 2 into the relationship I seemed soo much happier... i guess this is kinda a weird question cuz most are asking how to know if u are depressed... but still... can you be not depressed this easily?

Sometimes we hurt, sometimes we cry, and sometimes we fall, but what I also know is that sometimes were happy, sometimes we laugh, and we can always get back up when we fall. I know that help is real and hope is real. I know that in falling we learn to fly. And I know that it takes more courage to live than it does to die, so be strong because you can do it.

~"At least we live tonight"~

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Angelito Offline
Pimpô
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Angel

Re: How do you know if your NOT depressed anymore? - June 22nd 2011, 07:28 AM

well ive never been depressed before but if you feel happy then maybe you arent
  Send a message via MSN to Angelito  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Newsletter Tips Writer
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Re: How do you know if your NOT depressed anymore? - June 22nd 2011, 06:47 PM

I beleive I've battled it for about 10 years now, but I don't have an official diagnosis. Depression basically comes in 3 forms. About 50% of people will have one episode and never have another one, 30% will have reccurent episodes thoughout their lives, and 20% will have it chronically and be difficult to treat. It's possible that you fall into one of the first groups. It's great that you're feeling better, but you may not be cured. I don't mean to be pessimistic, but it might come back at some point or it may not.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

(#4 (permalink)) Old
jazzy615 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: How do you know if your NOT depressed anymore? - June 22nd 2011, 07:45 PM

Depression can be something yu may have to deal with for the rest of your life. dont let that get yu down because its not what happens to us its what we do with it. you can go months without being depressed then face it for a couple weeks straight, thats how i am! something may trigger something and cause it. but what i have learned to do is that when ever i know im back in that depression stage, i try to stay busy, even when i dont want to do anything i make myself! i go out with friends or go play sports or what ever works for you! just keep your head up

Closed Thread