TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Disclosure. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Unhappy Never-ending cycle. - June 25th 2011, 11:22 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Everyday is the same. This OCD and depression is not getting any better. In fact it's getting worse. I've been trying so hard for the past 2 years. My OCD is better to some extend. I can go out with friends, I can touch people without freaking out, I go to work. But I still don't want to live anymore. I can't do it. I know suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem but my life has taken an abrupt turn and I can't see it getting any better. At all. I don't want to live the rest of my life having OCD and depression. There was a point in my life where I had my OCD and depression under control and I was opimistic about life. But this year it's taken it's toll on me. And I can't take it anymore. I want my old life back where I didn't have OCD or depression and my life was OK. I just don't want to live anymore.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
blumemusik♫ Offline
~Savvy?
I've been here a while

Name: Kate

Re: Never-ending cycle. - June 25th 2011, 11:58 AM

First of all, please please PLEASE don't commit suicide. Like you said, it's a permanent solution to a temporary problem, and will affect everyone that you've left behind.

Secondly, are you on medication for your depression? If it's not helping, I advise you go back to your doctor and tell him that the meds aren't working.

You will always have ups and downs in your life, that's just a fact, but if the downs are so bad that you want to end everything, then that's really quite sad. You should never have to resort to suicide.

What is it that's the cause of all the bad things? Your family? Friends? Talk to them and see if there's anything they can do to help. Even if they just support you and spend more time with you, it'll help pull you through each day.

You said that now you can go out with friends and touch people without freaking out etc, and that' great news! It's proof you're improving and you CAN beat this!

Look at all your achievements - even on this site alone. HLM, LHO, Buddy. You're clearly a brilliant person and there will be so many people who would miss you if you died.

Drop me a message if you ever need to talk. Keep fighting <3

Closed Thread