TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I Miss You Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Drew

hanging on by a thread - June 26th 2011, 05:59 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

im hanging on by a thread
dont think i can do this much longer
i want to die
i need to die

i deserve to die

Drew
  Send a message via MSN to I Miss You  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
you are perfect to me ❤
Average Joe

Name: Celine
Location: My own little world where the only thing that can hurt me is myself

Re: hanging on by a thread - June 26th 2011, 09:10 AM

Hey Drew

I'm really sorry you're feeling this way. You definitely do not deserve to die, nobody deserves to die. You've gone through too much already to give up now. The light is always at the end of the tunnel.

Have you tried any of the alternatives for your SH ? : http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-s...ves-self-harm/ . I understand that you may not want to use them but when you do, you will be so grateful afterwards. Not all of them will work for you so just because one doesn't work, don't give up on the rest. There will be some that do help you.

Have you tried talking to someone about how you're feeling? Maybe you could even ring a hotline if you felt you couldn't talk to anyone you know? Some useful hotlines can be found here : http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f3-general/t22-hotlines/ . The person that answers your call will always do their best to help you and they won't judge you for anything.

I really think you should take time out for yourself as well. Take a walk, have a bubble bath watch a movie with some popcorn, just something to help you relax.

I hope this has helped ,
Celine

and in that moment, I swear we were infinite

(#3 (permalink)) Old
I Miss You Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Re: hanging on by a thread - June 28th 2011, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelWithASecret View Post
Hey Drew

I'm really sorry you're feeling this way. You definitely do not deserve to die, nobody deserves to die. You've gone through too much already to give up now. The light is always at the end of the tunnel.

Have you tried any of the alternatives for your SH ? : http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-s...ves-self-harm/ . I understand that you may not want to use them but when you do, you will be so grateful afterwards. Not all of them will work for you so just because one doesn't work, don't give up on the rest. There will be some that do help you.

Have you tried talking to someone about how you're feeling? Maybe you could even ring a hotline if you felt you couldn't talk to anyone you know? Some useful hotlines can be found here : http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f3-general/t22-hotlines/ . The person that answers your call will always do their best to help you and they won't judge you for anything.

I really think you should take time out for yourself as well. Take a walk, have a bubble bath watch a movie with some popcorn, just something to help you relax.

I hope this has helped ,
Celine

idk..i just feel that its finally time to give up
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
you are perfect to me ❤
Average Joe

Name: Celine
Location: My own little world where the only thing that can hurt me is myself

Re: hanging on by a thread - June 28th 2011, 11:07 AM

It is never time to give up

You've made it through so much already, things can only get better from here. The links I've sent you previously really can help you but you have to be willing to try them. It won't hurt to try them.

Talking really can relieve so much pressure from you so even if you do try talking to a friend or even ring one of the hotlines and you don't find it helpful you can always pm anyone here. My pm is always open
Lots of love,
Celine

and in that moment, I swear we were infinite

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Shelby

Re: hanging on by a thread - June 29th 2011, 04:34 AM

That thread you're hanging onto, cling to it for dear life. There has to be a reason you haven't given up yet. You're here for a reason, and when you're time is up, you'll know. I guarantee it's not now. One day, you'll open your eyes and see that reason. That day, will make all the pain you went through worth it.

Feel free to PM me if need be.

You've gotta swim, swim for your life. Swim for the music that saves you, when you're not so sure you'll survive. You gotta swim and swim when it hurts. The whole world is watching. You haven't come this far to fall off the earth.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
I Miss You Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Re: hanging on by a thread - June 29th 2011, 07:32 AM

i wanted to say thanks to everyone who has tryed to help me..i love you for that..it means so much to me

but i have my plan ...and now i have to leave

i will miss everyone
sorry i had to go through with this
*cries*
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
alibear101 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Alyssa

Re: hanging on by a thread - June 29th 2011, 06:49 PM

baby please please dont do it i love you and i dont want you to die <3

Everybody dies, but not everybody lives <3
  Send a message via MSN to alibear101  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Julia

Re: hanging on by a thread - June 29th 2011, 10:52 PM

Nobody deserves to die Drew=( Don't talk like that! You need to keep going, this is not the time to give up. You have come this far haven't you? I def. know life can be hard sometimes. But when it knocks you down, you gotta get back up and keep going. We ALL have faith in you here, we ALL believe you can do it. But you gotta believe it too.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
katelyn2015 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Katelyn

Re: hanging on by a thread - June 30th 2011, 02:03 AM

....Why give up?.... If there is a thread that your holding on to.... cling to that thread find something, someone to help you climb back up that thread and out of the hell you are living in and back into reality.... that thread is your last piece of hope... no matter how hard you try to ignore it, it will always be there. Waiting for you to climb back up.... Its hard... its not easy... no one said life was easy........ I see that your life, from what im understanding, is like you are trapped in a deep dark hole with nowhere to go... and your scared and there seems to be only one way out but them you look up and you see a thread a thin thread, that looks as if it could snap with too much weight.... the closer you look the stronger the thread gets and you notice that there is a light above you... a very dim light but its there.... So... what will you do? Will you grab on to the thread and climb towards the light, towards hope, towards something more?.... or will you stay ignore the thread and eventually kill your self out of hate for not taking the chance to grab a hold of the thread?..... Which one will you choose? and i know this is easier said than done... i know that.... im still climbing my thread and sometimes the thread does snap and i have to start all over again and climb as far as i can go.....but i'll keep trying.... till i reach the top no matter how many times i slide down or fall.... i will try to pursue my hope......

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
bnwhite Offline
Average Joe

Name: Brianna

Re: hanging on by a thread - June 30th 2011, 03:27 AM

You have so many people that are wanting to help and are wanting to see you win this battle! We know you can do it! Keep holding on!

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life." --John Lennon

"What matters isn't that you fell, but that you got back up. No matter how many times it takes, it's that you get back up. We fall down and all isn't lost." --Renee Yohe

(#11 (permalink)) Old
I Miss You Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Re: hanging on by a thread - July 1st 2011, 05:17 AM

Closed Thread