TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jayme

Unhappy i need help!! - June 27th 2011, 03:06 AM

ok.. how do i even start? uh my life is so bad rt now

school first i guess.. ok so im a senior and my school is yr round. im suppose to b done in september, im very close to graduating. Latly tho.. i just DONT care. i cant focus on hw to save my life and the very thought of having to do my work throws me into a panic attack. my old teacher who i had for 2 yrs (and i loved) just left so im left here with this chick i dont know who dosent understand me at all. i hate this so much.

ok next my depression has gotten very bad. im on double my normal rx and that isnt even helping me. Im just so sad i cry all the time these days. ive become distant to my family and all i do is sit in the dark and think about ways i wanna end this mess.. aka my life. i just hold my breath for extensive amounts of time till i cant take it any more. i cut again...but it didnt help. i dont even care about cutting anymore! that scares me

i cant find a guy to date. ive had a ton of offers but then the guy flakes out after like 5 min and it just sucks. my ex who i love just got a gf... i never thought that would happen. And now hes dating the girl he wanted all along.. the girl he would hav dated to begin with cept she got a bf b4 he asked her out. he told me this when we were together...now hes happy with the girl of his dreams. i was just a distraction i guess every time i find a guy im really into and i think it would work... my dad says no for different reasons. i guess they make sense.. but it just pisses me off that he can brush off my happiness like that

also. my friends have all fogotten about me. the only friend i had who bothered to say hi to me every now and agin now hates my guts and has turned my would be math tutor aginst me. so im alone and completly lost on math now.

My main point in writing all this out is to say that i want to stop going to school. i just want to focus on getting better and being happy. then once i stop feeling like shit, i will go back to school and graduate. im 17.. my bday is in september and i liv in california. is this even legal to do? how do i tell my parents this? how do i tell them im going insane and will most likely be dead b4 i graduate if things dont change? im so lost and hurt and lonely and just feel like i wanna die. can someone please give me advice or something? i cant do this much longer

"One day at a time, this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering." -Ida Scott Taylor

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: donna

Re: i need help!! - June 27th 2011, 09:11 AM

Hey, Im sorry feeling like this. If your medication isn't working, is there a different sort that you can try?
There are tones of guys out there. If you cant find one now, it doesn't really matter and you shouldn't settle for someone who wont work out.
I don't know if its legal to leave school at 17 in California. I live in Australia and you can go at 16. Do you have a school careers advisor or a counsellor who might know? I know that the last year/s of school are really tough and if you think that leaving will help you I think you should try it.
As for telling your parents; I guess that they know that your depressed? so I guess just be honest about how much trouble you are having and that you need their support. If you give them some genuine reasons, they should understand.
I hope this helps, good luck.

Closed Thread