TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
AmazonQueen Offline
Why so Serious?
I've been here a while

Name: Jess

whats wrong with me? - June 27th 2011, 11:11 PM

i need help. i have no desire o really live...i have lots of ambitions but part of me is content waisting away...i dont want to do anything or work for anything...i dont expect it to come to me. and i dont have a desire to die. its not being lazy its something inside and i feel like i need to get some help but i don't want to. it's awkward being truely happy or pleased. it doesn't feel fair or like i should be aloud to be happy i hate letting people see whats really me and how i feel it just feels so wrong

The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows.
It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.
You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
PM me if you need to talk about ANYTHING.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
qazwsxedc Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Cj

Re: whats wrong with me? - June 28th 2011, 01:05 AM

Hey, we should talk..
i'll be in the chat room for awhile. look for me

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
Outside, huh?

Name: Harrison (or Harri)

Re: whats wrong with me? - June 28th 2011, 12:40 PM

Hey there Jess.

I'm sorry you're going through this.

In my opinion you should try to talk to someone, preferably a parent or a school counselor, someone who can help you get back on track.

In the short term, try making some goals, for example, 'today I'm going to get x piece of work done.' Start small and build them up as you go. Have a plan for your day so you know what you're doing and how you can do it.

Good luck, and PM me if you need to talk. x

Join the Skeleton Clique on TH
Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!

Don't trust a perfect person and don't trust a song that's flawless.
RIP Granddad Terry. I'll miss you.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
AmazonQueen Offline
Why so Serious?
I've been here a while

Re: whats wrong with me? - June 28th 2011, 11:40 PM

my dad is part of the problem. he's not helpful. and i don't really want his help and school is out. and i have goals always had but i was feeling like i'd rather waste away today i'm a little better...but this hits me alot sometimes

It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.
You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
Outside, huh?

Re: whats wrong with me? - June 29th 2011, 08:20 AM

Have you got anything you're supposed to be doing now school is out? In my opinion this is the right time for relaxing.
If you really feel like you should be doing something you could look for a job. It would fill your time and earn you money, making it worthwhile.

Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
jacoboram126 Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: whats wrong with me? - June 30th 2011, 10:44 AM

find something that is really important to you. try to find out your destiny the you were meant to do I was going through the same type of phase a year or so ago.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Hiraeth Offline
Glorious raindrops
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: whats wrong with me? - June 30th 2011, 04:02 PM

Idle summers have always done that to me. I strongly recommend looking for something committed to do, like summer school or work/volunteer of some kind. There's really no substitute for it. A sense of responsibility is very important for self-motivation - without it, one can really only go so far - and two months is quite a long time.

It can also be a time to start a personal project - artistic, intellectual, whatever. Challenge yourself to read x number of books in a month. Learn a new skill or hobby. You can make a commitment to yourself - the challenge is to make sure that there are clearly defined goals and objectives, so as to not lose track.

Also, having lazy days are totally acceptable. We need to take care of ourselves, and a large part of that is giving negative mental states the space to just be - to a certain extent, that is. As long as we can still say, "today is a lazy day but tomorrow I'll get right back to it", it is okay.

"If limitations exist, it is because we have erased the possibility of potential."

Feel free to PM me if you ever need anything.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Hiraeth 
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
AmazonQueen Offline
Why so Serious?
I've been here a while

Re: whats wrong with me? - June 30th 2011, 06:36 PM

i feel like i hit a wall i tried all that i've done it, and something always gets in the way its so depressing

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
Outside, huh?

Re: whats wrong with me? - July 1st 2011, 08:20 AM

Time and effort won't make itself. If you want to do something, you have to get out there and make the time and put in the effort. Get a friend on your side to help you with a new project. Then you'll have the support to keep going.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Hiraeth Offline
Glorious raindrops
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: whats wrong with me? - July 2nd 2011, 02:49 AM

I'd personally be happy to start on a project of some kind with you. I've been looking to make more constructive use of my time and energy as well. We can support each other - if you're interested!

"If limitations exist, it is because we have erased the possibility of potential."

Feel free to PM me if you ever need anything.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Hiraeth 
Closed Thread