TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Tess* Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Tess

Haven't been happy, now dog's not well - June 28th 2011, 08:58 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of death or grieving, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I've just been really sad the past few months. Especially since I don't know what to do with the rest of my life, I don't even know what to do in the fall (work? school? both?), I don't see my friends all that often cause we have pretty conflicting schedules, and I really don't like my family.
When I start feeling really down I think about things that make me happy, the two things I usually think of are my dog and boyfriend, but that hasn't worked recently cause whenever I'm alone and think of my boyfriend, I just wish he was there, and I can't happily think of my dog cause she's been really sick.
The vets are doing what they can for my dog, but if she doesn't start feeling better soon, we'll probably have to get her put down on Thursday. She is old and I know she's had a good life and stuff, but it's extra hard cause I've been so sad. It's also been hard because 3 weeks ago, a girl I went to school with died, she was only 18, and then a week ago my uncle died, I was never super close to either of them but it's still tough.
But my dog, we got her when I was 5, that's pretty much my whole life. People don't generally have much of a memory until 5 anyways.
I just haven't been happy =/

How's your life? It's been a while
God, it's good to see you smile
<3

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Tess* Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Haven't been happy, now dog's not well - June 28th 2011, 11:35 PM

My dog's been at the vet all day today, long story short: she's getting worse daily and today she was really bad. We decided to put her down, she's gone =( I don't know what I'm going to do without her.

<3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Theres always someone. <3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Nikki

Re: Haven't been happy, now dog's not well - June 28th 2011, 11:48 PM

Hey sweetie,

Sorry things have been so rough lately.

I know it can seem kinda scary that the little things hurt us so bad when we're feeling down already. I think it's because every little thing seems worse and when you're sad you just want thinks to get better, so even the smallest things makes it harder.

I'm sorry to hear about your dog I know exactly how you feel. We're going to have to put our dog down soon because he's gotten bad; and we've had him since before I was born. I know you don't want to think it because it's a cliche, but at least she isn't in pain anymore(or bad off). You gave her a long, wonderful, happy life. Try not to dwell on the loss of her - instead focus on all the happy memories I'm sure you have of her since you grew up with her.

Feel free to PM/VM/Add me anytime, I don't mind at all

Stay strong,
Nikki

♪♫"The mirror only shows
The shell of what's below
You can't go on suffering
The illusion of control
It's time for letting go
And now you know
Now you know"♪♫
'Now You Know' - 2Cents
Things get better.
Always keep fighting.
❤Feel free to PM/VM, or add me if you ever need a friend, or someone to talk to. I'm online quite often.
Add me on FB <--- apparently this is my creeper face.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Tess* Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Haven't been happy, now dog's not well - June 29th 2011, 08:12 PM

Thanks.
Yea I know we gave her a good life and she was old and her discomfort is over.
But even understanding all that, I'm still sad. And finding it really hard to focus on the good without being sad.

<3

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Theres always someone. <3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Nikki

Re: Haven't been happy, now dog's not well - June 29th 2011, 08:30 PM

I think it's normal to still feel sad despite knowing those things. It's just a matter of trying to find ways to distract yourself from the sadness and instead focus on the happy memories. Which I know is easier said than done. I really wish I had other advice to offer, but sadly I don't. I wish you the best of luck, and I hope things get better for you.
Hang in there

♪♫"The mirror only shows
The shell of what's below
The illusion of control
It's time for letting go
And now you know
Now you know"♪♫
'Now You Know' - 2Cents
Things get better.
Always keep fighting.
❤Feel free to PM/VM, or add me if you ever need a friend, or someone to talk to. I'm online quite often.
Add me on FB <--- apparently this is my creeper face.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Julia

Re: Haven't been happy, now dog's not well - June 29th 2011, 10:57 PM

I am sorry=( Your dog is okay now, she really is. She doesn't have to suffer anymore and thats a good thing. It may be hard for a while, but you are gonna be okay. Healing DOES take time. Like the person above me said, you should try to distract yourself somehow. Maybe go to the movies or something. Could you possibly call a friend of yours? Or your boyfriend? Talking to my friends REALLY helps me.

Closed Thread